Random avatar

McMourning

  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    "I thought I was pretty hot, for a fish. But, Nat told me I was totally unattractive. Now, I have really low self-worth and think I look dull...like a sick ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Pseudonyms/using fake names online...good or bad?

    I ask because...well, I'm one of those people. When I first started coming online and going in to chat rooms at twelve years old, I was told to use a ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Talking Again

    Thanks! It's okay that you went off topic, if you can even call it that. We all do sometimes, it's unavoidable. :)

    Apr 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Name of a country

    Hello! Yep, this is the right place to post it! Everyone has a different way of naming places, but there are several ways that I'd go about naming a "European" ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Free Copyright

    Thanks!

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Free Copyright

    You wouldn't believe that anything that's under the control of lawyers and government would be free and simple, but copyright is. All you have to do is claim copyright likt ...

    Apr 27, 2007
  • Other Re: Take it away

    Thanks so much! I used to dabble in songwriting, but I gave it up (can't remember why). I guess I'll try it again. Thanks!

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Other Re: Take it away

    Thanks! I wasn't really sure which forum to post it in. I'm sorry that I picked the wrong one.

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Other Re: Take it away

    This is sort of poetic, I guess, but it seems more short story to me. Take It Away Is this some sort of game you play? With the boys in ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Friends will come friends will go,

    Hello! It's a nice poem; just what I was thinking about earlier today. :) But, I'm the type of person who picks up on punctuation mistakes. There should be a ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: About me

    I'm shy, and have a hard time speaking infront of large crowds, even my own classmates, but I do enjoy meeting new people, and making close friends. Hello! How are ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: A pictures worth a thousand words...

    I did this before, using the pictures file on my computer. Then, counted to 14, and the picture was a purple teddy bear . Purple smoke clouded the darkening sky. ...

    Apr 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: A Helpful Link...

    It's interesting. Thanks!

    Apr 21, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Let your Setting Transport Readers

    An important thing to talk about is getting the description just right. Too little: I walked past an old house, that seemed to call my name. Too much: I slowly ...

    Apr 21, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    Ooooh...I've always wondered what its like to be a vampire...So, tell me, what's it really like? ~Dr. Sacrifice, not at all scared

    Apr 21, 2007


But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane