Random avatar

McMourning

  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    And also, I'm not sure of this one. I've never heard a roundabout referred to as a traffic circle. I always thought traffic circle was the politically correct term. Well, ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Okay, these aren't different spellings, just a preference of word choice. In England: tube In America: subway In other English speaking countries: metro English: Biscuits American: Cookies (This one c

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Clearwater

    The thing I want to mention, though, is that she goes from being the goddess of purity and love to being the goddess of women and weaving. Which is (was?) ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: What's Your Religion?

    I'm religious, but I prefer to believe in God, pray, and go to church without an actual religion tied to it. There's some word for that, other than non-denominational Christian. ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Confused on Sentence Structure

    Thanks! I thought was how you write it, but I wasn't positive.

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Clearwater

    But still she wanted, nay, needed, the power. It sounds very informal with the "wanted, nay, needed". I'd just write "needed" or "Not only did she still want the power, ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Confused on Sentence Structure

    Okay, I've never really understood how to write this. I don't even know where you put the commas in. Someone, please explain it to me! Which do you say: A) ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Portfolios/Post Since Last Visit/Recent Lit Additions

    I find it only seems to work when there's not lots of people logged in ... Nope. It says there are only 7 people on, and it's not loading for ...

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    I don't know why but is sounds like a murderer, someone who's always been crazy. His parents tried locking him in his room, as a kid. But, he never calmed ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello. I'm...

    Welcome to YWS, Jarannis!

    Jun 15, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Moon Magic.. Chapter Two:Visitor..

    Hello! He had been trooting with Moon Streak on feild . However , he had been leading an army of an elfs worst night mare . There were creatures who ...

    Jun 11, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Glowing Straws

    The idea is interesting, as is the straw-thing, but I get the feeling this is a part of a much larger story. If it is, are you going to post ...

    Jun 10, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Glowing Straws

    “Since you cannot decide, I shall have to decide for you.” Holding out his hand, the man continued, “Draw straws.” Turning wildly to each other, they compared straws. The yellow, ...

    Jun 10, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Class of 2007

    "Middle" school, class of 2007

    Jun 10, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: La Plume Noire

    Thanks!

    Jun 8, 2007


A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau