Random avatar

McMourning

  • General Articles Re: Breaking the cycle of poverty

    Hi. I could tell that you spent a lot of time researching and writing. So, I commend you on that. An other was the dot com bubble in the share ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: That Fair Evening

    Hi. her frozen winds lick my bare limbs I like this, because most people don't say that the wind is licking them. So, it calls a new image to mind, ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: The "I'm Back" Thread

    Well, I don't think I've posted in over a year. And, I've changed a lot over that time. I don't really write short stories any more. But, I do kind ...

    Sep 12, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Poem For Hot Days

    Hello! By quite a vivid image of berries you're definitely on the right track-readers love details like that. I commend you for that, but it's not so much the over ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game [2]

    A lot of celebrities are too perfect for their own good...I remember, many years ago, there was this show on Disney Channel-- Hannah Montana --I think. The actress on that ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Eyes

    Hey! And the bowels of the earth I shook There's something awkward about his line. I don't think that using "depth" will help...I think it would be better if you ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Friends of another kind

    Hey! I liked your poem, because it sort of surprised me. I was thinking you were going to be talking about imaginary friends, not books. But, hey, books are great ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Love is in the internet

    Hello! I was actually very surprised by how this turned out. I expected something about internet dating, but there's nothing about that in here. The title doesn't work with the ...

    Jul 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Alphasmart

    I thought the Alphasmart was made by Dana. Never tried it myself, but we have some kids in our school who are allowed to use them. They seem like a ...

    Jun 30, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Thanks! I understand you didn't mean just me, but it was important for me to say that I wasn't trying to start a fight. MM

    Jun 23, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Awakening Ch.1

    Hello! How many summers had he spent here. It's a question. He remembered a...woman....NO....man : old with crinkled, rough feature s like worn parchment, bending over him...Yes...YES.... I've bring b

    Jun 23, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hola, Everyone!!! :)

    Welcome back! Nice avatar.

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    Nope, the thread is 'English [ie. British English] vs. American.' Well, I'm sorry. I took English as the language not as the people. Therefore it would not be just the ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    I thought the metro was French? It's one of those words that is used in several languages: English, French, Spanish. I'm not sure if that isn't a regional or denominational ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    So I guess new Zealand English is really messed up. It's not messed up, it's just another variation. Like Puerto Rico has another variation of American English. (I think my ...

    Jun 22, 2007


We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer