Random avatar

McMourning

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Christmas for me

    Hi. I think the title is too generic. Anyone could write about what Christmas means to himself, but it isn't necessarily going to be religious. As for the poem itself, ...

    Dec 12, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: If a day could last years.....

    Hi. I liked the beginning more than the end, because the end was different from the rest. One the first read through, I thought this line sounded like an ending. ...

    Dec 4, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I was Going to Run...

    Hi. I think it's interesting that someone might run away from home on a highway, but you speak of running away from the highway of life. I don't know if ...

    Dec 4, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The 100 Yard Dash

    I don't really think it matters why the bleachers collapsed. What matters is that you were so close to her when it happened, but you couldn't help. As sad as ...

    Dec 4, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Dream

    I have to agree with Conrad. The ending was the only part I didn't like. Well, I don't like the salt water lips, either. You could remove both parts and ...

    Dec 4, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: The Same Old Thing

    Hi. A sunlight basement sapped of all the warmth the sun brings. I believe it should be A sunlit basement zapped all of the warmth the sun brings. It's very ...

    Dec 4, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Butterfly

    Wow. I like that it starts out sad, but turns to peaceful. That's not something I've seen very often. I remember a time long ago when you had hurt me ...

    Dec 3, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: don't even think about coming for dessert

    all this for wondering whether you kiss the way sugar melts I think this is what the whole poem is about. You went to all that work making dessert, wondering ...

    Nov 21, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: On Seeing Bright Star

    Hi. And though I can name it in plain words, I cannot explain it. Love this line, because it's true. I think that everything here is well written. The only ...

    Nov 17, 2009
  • Other Re: What I was thinking that very minute.

    Hi. Channon- Im sorry... *** *** for making you mad, for changing my mind, for being all talk, for making you think twice I like your comments about Luca's texts. ...

    Nov 17, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Top to Bottom, Left to Right

    Hi. I think it reads better column by column. (I certainly wouldn't call that top to bottom. Then we'd read it, I an with... :) ) When read left to ...

    Nov 16, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hello, Hello.

    Hi. I agree with silented1. There are some things that aren't explained. For the most part, however, I think you wrote well. You have a nice flow.

    Nov 16, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Ballerina No More

    Hi. I'm a bad girl. I didn't read your intro first. It doesn't need the intro, and I assume you wouldn't publish an intro to it. Point being, that I ...

    Nov 16, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: (Unnamed) chapter one

    Hi. I love science fiction; I always have. And, I find your story interesting. It has a good start. It starts differently than a lot of other sci-fi. You switch ...

    Nov 16, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Pics from my photography class

    Hi. My first impression was, "Wow." The fence draws me in, but it is probably been shot by other people as well. I do like that the metal is rusting ...

    Nov 10, 2009


I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci