User avatar

Mattie

  • Writing Tips Re: Sweetie!

    Personally, I hate "pet names". They annoy me to the fullest extent. Often when I read, I get stuck on that word so I'm like, hating that the writer used ...

    May 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Sweetie!

    Personally, I hate "pet names". They annoy me to the fullest extent. Often when I read, I get stuck on that word so I'm like, hating that the writer used ...

    May 1, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes a good title?

    What about...Purple Stains on my Collar? Pretty short? If not, I'll just stick with Purple Stains.

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes a good title?

    How could I shorten it then? Any ideas?

    Apr 17, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes a good title?

    Thanks for the advice, Snoink and Sponson Light. You always have helpful ideas. I think I finally have a good title in mind. It might be a little long, but ...

    Apr 16, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What makes a good title?

    I was just wanted to know what makes a good title. Is it that it would hold some meaning that later is discovered in the book, something witty that draws ...

    Apr 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: writing expirement for those who never end

    I usually don't like to use outlines when I know where my story is going. If I can keep up with it in my head, I let it stay that ...

    Apr 9, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How much dialouge is too much?

    Yes, it does. Thank you so very much. Maybe I'm just paranoid...when I went back and reread over what I wrote, it didn't seem like there was that much.

    Mar 19, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How much dialouge is too much?

    I always find myself drawing out the conversations that my characters have. I don't really think it takes away from the story, but I find that some of it might ...

    Mar 19, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: First/Second/Third Person

    Wow, thanks for the information, guys! I'm sure this will help others struggling with the same thing. I now understand the difference and can come back to it when I ...

    Mar 18, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: First/Second/Third Person

    I really need help with tenses. I know what they are, I just don't know if I used the right one in the story I'm now writing. It's in Romantic ...

    Mar 17, 2006


Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100