-
Re: First serious attempt at a novel...
120,000 words is a really big novel, somewhere on the lines of an epic fantasy. YA is usually 60-75,000, romance is around there, mystery is 70-90,00 and both fantasy and ...
Dec 30, 2010 -
Re: How to work information into a book?
The main character of my story lives in futuristic India. She's the last Kumari Devi , which is a tradition where a young girl is chosen as a reincarnated goddess ...
Nov 24, 2010 -
Re: Too many restrictions on sci-fi. help?
I don't know where you got that thing about Earth, but it's absolutely untrue. That said, the general rules for sci-fi are this: SF can take place in the future ...
Nov 2, 2010 -
Re: My novel is killing me slowly. I can't stand it!
I'm actually going through this exact same phase right now; having to completely rewrite a novel I spent 2 1/2 years on. This is what has been working for me: ...
Oct 21, 2010 -
Re: Question About My Character...
If you google "average height" and click on the wikipedia entry, you can find average heights for males, females, different ethnicities, etc.
Jun 28, 2010 -
Re: JulNoWriMo - Until Next Year!
I may do this, but not for a novel, instead 50,000 words of articles and essays (I'm working on breaking into the freelance buisness).
Jun 26, 2010 -
Re: How do you go about planning a novel ?
I don't really 'plan' so to speak, but I always have some sort of starting point, either a character, or a scene. Then I have a basic mental map of ...
Jun 19, 2010
