User avatar

MKate

  • Writers Corner Re: Post-Novel-Depression

    Wow. Yes. Exactly. And I thought I was all alone in my despair! After the first draft of a novel that I know will need so much polishing and changing ...

    Feb 1, 2011
  • Writing Tips Re: How would you pronounce this name?

    I'm seeing My-len.

    Jun 28, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Many Ideas

    Thank you for the advice, I am in both your debts! (crawls out of the pit of despair)

    Jun 24, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Many Ideas

    An Idea clutches me by the throat, I feverishly write/type it down and begin constructing the plot, I write all day in tense anticipation for what will come next... Then, ...

    Jun 23, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Lulu book binding/self publishing

    Thanks for replying, and for the advice- I'll definitely try it out ^_^

    Dec 11, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Lulu book binding/self publishing

    If you had a book that you wanted to have bound- and none of that cheap stuff- but really bound , like it would if it were being published... where ...

    Dec 7, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Connecting Ideas

    Hi, Kelcia- Welcome to YWS! When I write, usually the first things I'm sure of in the story is the beginning and the end. In the gap, basically anything can ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: NaNoWriMo- need advice!

    Well, I cheat, 200 minimized pages is really about 120 normal printer-paper sized pages. So you can see that to a coward like me 50,000 is rather daunting... You know, ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: NaNoWriMo- need advice!

    I've been trying to do the NaNoWriMo, but all I've ever written are short stories- nothing beyond two hundred (minimized) pages. I can't find the right incentive to keep going- ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: First person?

    Personally, I think first person is the most comfortable to write in (so comfortable, in fact, that sometimes I switch to it when I'm not paying attention, and have to ...

    Nov 7, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Question...

    Wow, I had no idea! What a cool contest- I think the most I've ever written in anything was a lousy 10,000 words. :lol: Thanks for telling me, that lifts ...

    Oct 29, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Question...

    I'm a newbie on the YWS, :D, and I've been looking around at all the forums and enjoying reading the questions people ask and seeing everyone's answers. One of the ...

    Oct 29, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: The Uber Writer's Block Thread

    The "Demon Writer's Block" is no stranger to me. :lol: I recently read a book on how to write a book that handed me the weapon to destroy this hateful ...

    Oct 28, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Dreams? (somebody please give feedback)

    This is my first post on the YWS. :D I've had lots of dreams that I thought would make great books and/or stories, but every time I tried to actually ...

    Oct 28, 2009


I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor