User avatar

MKate

  • Media Reviews Re: Books you loved more than the movie...

    Also, Ella Enchanted was a book first too. I actually like the movie and the book both. Ditto, EAHailstone! I love the book, and the movie's cute too, but they ...

    Jun 25, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Hope is a thing with feathers

    I love Emily Dickinson and nearly all her poems. This one in particular is tacked onto my wall :) ~Mel

    Feb 9, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you view your life (and your friend's) in plot-form and wonder daily how you could spruce it up a bit.^_^ ~Mel

    Feb 5, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: I love this book but....

    "Sprig Muslin" by Georgette Heyer, just like your book, it had a great storyline and was sooo entertaining, but the end was NOT satisfactory :( I was so disappointed that ...

    Feb 5, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: John Cena

    Kinda hard to tell because the picture is so dark, :) but I think you did a good job with the depth of the drawing- with me, depth (in drawing ...

    Jan 31, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you tell someone you finished your new book, and they ask you, "Writing or reading?"

    Jan 12, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Redwall by Brian Jacques

    I love the Redwall books, my brother and I have read them to ragged shreds! :D

    Jan 5, 2010
  • Art & Photography Re: Sammy's (Fishr's) Photography

    Great pictures- my favorites are 2, 3, 4, 8 and ten. On #9 I think you should have played around with a different angle too really capture the viewer's attention, ...

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Pride and Prejudice VS Little Women

    Little Women forever!

    Dec 30, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Ha! you just described my Mom! I'd say Laura, Mary, Tasha, Opal, Anne, or Rosamund. K', I've got another guy... Tall, blond, hansom, blue eyes, a cleft in his chin, ...

    Dec 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: funny words

    Shoehorn! (Come on, you know it made you laugh)^_^ Salamie... it's just... not right. Goon.

    Dec 19, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    That is exactly the sort of character I get in a writer's block over because I can't think of his name- I keep asking him, but he won't tell me! ...

    Dec 13, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Name that character!

    Okay, so this is how this exercise works: 1) I'm going to describe a character- so, for example, I'll say: "Male, short, stout, wiry black hair that's rather sparse, squinting, ...

    Dec 11, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Rave for Heyer Books

    Never (at least so far as I've read) has there been a Georgette Heyer that didn't have a happy ending, you'll love it! And the main guys are soooooo good- ...

    Dec 11, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Rave for Heyer Books

    What attracted you to her books? Mom brought one home from the library and I was bored. But I soon grew to love them for what they were. Most of ...

    Dec 4, 2009


Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill