User avatar

MKate

  • Writers Corner Re: Connecting Ideas

    Hi, Kelcia- Welcome to YWS! When I write, usually the first things I'm sure of in the story is the beginning and the end. In the gap, basically anything can ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Barbara Frietchie

    Thanks for the reviews, and I appreciate the CC (constructive criticism) :)

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Rave for Heyer Books

    Georgette Heyer is one of my favorite authoresses of all time. Her books are funny, witty, romantic, and kind of Jane Austen-ish that makes them even more enjoyable. You MUST ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Reviews from a Marine (Re-opened)

    Wooohooo! :smt040 Thanks, Aqua!

    Nov 28, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Reviews from a Marine (Re-opened)

    Okay, let me try it out...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Church Property 3

    9,12,15 and 19 are my favorites- but L!llY's right, they're a bit blurry. And if you were to righten the pictures that are turned on their side, it'd probably put ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Church Property (continued)

    I loved these pictures! My favorites are 1 and 5- beautiful. I think those pictures just gave me an inspiration for my NaNo *scurries off to write it down* I'm ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Chained: edited

    I liked this poem. The repetitiveness of it really grabbed me (I could make a corny joke here pertaining to your title, but, well, just be grateful I caught myself ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Barbara Frietchie

    Thanks, Nate :D I've always felt so bad about stealing those lines- you've soothed my conscience. I see what you mean about the ands. Fixing! Or... fixed. What do you ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Reviews from a Marine (Re-opened)

    Hey Aqua, will you review a poem of mine? I, um, don't really know how to post a link so... *cough* It's in Narrative Poetry and it's called "Barbara Frietchie" ...

    Nov 28, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Barbara Frietchie

    I wrote this poem for school, redoing the original "Barbara Frietchie" by John Greenleaf Whittier. It's a true story, I believe. I wanted to post this poem because I'm rather ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: NaNoWriMo- need advice!

    Well, I cheat, 200 minimized pages is really about 120 normal printer-paper sized pages. So you can see that to a coward like me 50,000 is rather daunting... You know, ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: NaNoWriMo- need advice!

    I've been trying to do the NaNoWriMo, but all I've ever written are short stories- nothing beyond two hundred (minimized) pages. I can't find the right incentive to keep going- ...

    Nov 27, 2009
  • Archive Re: Snowed in

    *Sorry, we've got to get more organized.* ^^

    Nov 26, 2009
  • Archive Re: Snowed in

    *Um, maybe organizing a search party to find out who threw that knife, maybe?*

    Nov 26, 2009


When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann