User avatar

Liz

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fake Love

    Pretty good. Original idea, and you used an interesting, somewhat narrative tone. There are some inconsistencies I'd fix up. You need to make it clear whose perspective you're writing from ...

    May 18, 2007
  • Lounge, The Re: Sarkozy Wins French Election

    Ugh... I had faith. I'm probably too much of an optimist. It's good to see lots of French people still have spirit and they're protesting so strongly. I've always loved ...

    May 8, 2007
  • General Fiction Novels Re: POD 26 -This Calling -On both accounts

    Well, I have to tell you I've spent the last couple of days reading this novel on and off. And it has impressed me throughout. You really know how to ...

    May 6, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: deep-frozen

    this is how I used to be – writing in longhand, being present only because I wasn’t absent, wishing for remission, not quite getting there. it reminds me of the ...

    May 3, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hush Now

    Quite nice. I like your tone, and you kept it consistent throughout the whole piece. Very strong concept too. I think you could reconsider your linebreaks to make it stronger. ...

    May 3, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Elixir From a Cypress Tree

    Very nice. I'm glad you've used your capitalisation effectively in this piece; it makes all the difference. Just some small things like spelling you need to fix up, eg: Going ...

    May 3, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: (Not) My Friend [Rewritten]

    I liked this. It seemed sort of monotonous, and it read like a letter or something. Maybe you want to try some more rhythm or imagery? I also think you ...

    May 2, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Artistic Talent

    Hmm...wow, that made me think. Good stuff. Good tone, but I agree with Snoink that you may want to rethink how the 1st stanza is written. I think you could ...

    May 2, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Fate Of Heartache

    I like this, but I don't know why you capitalise the first letter of every word, it makes it difficult to read. It also seemed sort of disjointed. Many of ...

    May 2, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: What must be it be like?

    Nice idea, although I think it lacks power. The rhyming is okay, but sometimes it gets a little forced. It definitely flows well. It's probably nice as it is, but ...

    May 1, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Sunrise

    Not bad. Your rhythm does seem to be a little off - maybe get rid of the rhyming or work out a scheme you want to stick with. I think ...

    May 1, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Requiem For The Living (Version 2)

    Overall I really enjoyed this. The emotion in here is powerful and you convey it effectively to the reader. Rhyme was a bit off in certain parts like piepiemann22 pointed ...

    May 1, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Thoughts of love

    Quite nice. The general idea is in many ways outworn, so I think you need a bit more spark to pull it off. You've got a nice tone, and I ...

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate avatars!!!!

    9/10 Beautiful picture, it makes me hopeful.

    Apr 30, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The YWS Recent Books List Nominations

    The Bronze Horseman - Paulina Simons The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath Cloudstreet - Tim Winton ...

    Apr 29, 2007


If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer