-
Re: Diving for Pearls
Pretty. Generally I thought your rhyme-scheme worked, and that's really good, since I find rhyming rarely works in amateur poetry. SO good job. I knew a pearl lay on the ...
Jan 29, 2008 -
Re: Winter
Nice. A few places I found were a bit choppy, but overall I liked it. That winter weather Is here? That's a bit awkward, I'd say scrap the "weather" part. ...
Jan 29, 2008 -
Re: Kiss Me Once; Hurt Me Twice
It sounds more like a song, yeah. I think you could do some things to make it more poetic, though. Firstly, nit-picking Kiss me once; hurt me twice. Should be ...
Jan 29, 2008 -
Re: At least call me, mon amour
Very nice. Very pretty. Some of the punctuation confused the meaning, I think. Naturally, life’s hardly All we rapture for And even though love blossoms From your stars dribbling down ...
Jan 26, 2008 -
Re: Don't Long to be a Chart
Very nice use of aural imagery in here. I can not only see everything happening but hear it too. Very effective. I also liked your assonance in the second line, ...
Jan 26, 2008 -
Re: M.J.
Generally nice to read, with a good premise, but it does require a bit of fixing up! Your rhyme is alright, but I found some of the lines repetitive. This ...
Nov 27, 2007 -
Re: Scarlet Girl
Nice, vivid, intense. Almost to the point of being overwhelming. I think the main problem with this is, as biancarayne pointed out, much of your word-choice bogs the poem down. ...
Jun 8, 2007 -
Re: Keeping Sentry
All this time I’ve been staring beyond the window, at this wraith that won’t show its face. For years it had floated, for hours I had watched until it flicked ...
Jun 1, 2007 -
Re: Just one girl.
Definitely needs more empathy, and the tone of the last line is lost. I don't think it has anything to do with length, but I think the rest of your ...
May 26, 2007 -
Re: Existence
I like this, the simplicity is powerful. I'd suggest reading this aloud and rethinking some of your punctuation. You've used some of the commas inappropriately and I think it breaks ...
May 24, 2007 -
Re: Le Printemps de Nouveau Commencements
I love the atmosphere you've created here. I'd suggest making it more effective by being more original with your word choice. Saying the sun is bright and the trees are ...
May 24, 2007 -
Re: Cutting
This sort of topic can be done well, but Miyaviloves and Broken Wings suggest, it's tough. If you really feel what you're writing about, then you can probably write about ...
May 24, 2007 -
Re: .
I won't be as harsh as whence. :). This had its strong points. I think it has potential, and I enjoyed some of your lines and word choice. I would ...
May 24, 2007 -
Re: All in Moments, Felt in a touch and Love in an instant
This was very nice. Original with a good driving progression. I would suggest clearing up some of your punctuation to help the flow and the rhythm as well as make ...
May 24, 2007 -
Re: Feint All You Want, It Still Glares 'IE'
I did like this, I found it an interesting subject if difficult to grasp at times. I agree with Claudette, the elipses were unneccessary. Use word choice to get across ...
May 18, 2007
