User avatar

Liz

  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Juliet Playing With Knives

    I light a cigarette. I'm standing on my balcony in my rainbow-striped strappy top, light, turquoise cotton shorts and huge fluffy purple Grosby slippers. It's almost seven on a Friday ...

    Jan 6, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: jindabyne

    Thanks :) "There are as many definitions of poetry as there are poets. Wordsworth defined poetry as "the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings." Poetry is a lot of things to ...

    Jan 5, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: jindabyne

    what kind of life would this be without the vibrating hum of the white moon filling up the entire navy blue silence of the world when it all becomes just ...

    Jan 4, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: untitled

    I love this as much as the first time I read it on TYWC. I can still feel the tragic emotion. Great work.

    Jan 4, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: wariness

    (supposing life is inherently black, like the shadows od his hair) suppose life clicks into place on your lips and kills all colour - - the peachy pink of your ...

    Jan 3, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: carelessness

    this blood wants to be free instead of ever-sluicing in my veins. it hates the dullness, the monotony. so, i am only relieving it, letting it drain. it bites and ...

    Dec 29, 2004
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Carpet Calender

    No, it's not based on anything... Thanks!

    Dec 26, 2004
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Carpet Calender

    My tiger-print curtains are drawn back and the window is wound open half-way. I don't know about you, but I can feel a grey breeze that slips into my room ...

    Dec 20, 2004
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: beneath the skin

    groggy blood wanders sleepily in my veins, hauling its great load and never safe from the papery, flimsy film of my white skin. it is hardly immortal; rather weak and ...

    Dec 18, 2004
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: acid+base=salt+water

    Thanks. Though no, there is a word "complement", spelt like that. Definition: a) Something that completes, makes up a whole, or brings to perfection. b) Either of two parts that ...

    Dec 18, 2004
  • Lyric Poetry Re: immortality?

    Thanks guys! "Salad days" is a term coined by Shakepeare in "Anthony and Cleopatra" meaning a time of youth and innocence. So the whole poem is hinged on that phrase, ...

    Dec 17, 2004
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: peppermint whispers (16+)

    I like this. The way the tone changed from the beginning to the end was very effective; it conveyed the idea if guilt and developing emotions throughout the time period ...

    Dec 17, 2004
  • Lyric Poetry Re: immortality?

    are they over, these salad days? instead of blues and pinks is it now blacks and greys? because i thought i heard a scream last night. a blood-curdling scream, sounding ...

    Dec 16, 2004
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: teeth in the sky

    there are too many teeth in the sky and when tears collect in its large blue eye it knows there is no backing out: it must cry though silence! what ...

    Dec 14, 2004
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Killing Conscious

    hey, nice. you really conveyed the mysterious feeling and that's what made the poem good. i liked your short stanzas and the way you wrote in present tense - it ...

    Dec 13, 2004


I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life
— ShadowVyper