User avatar

Liz

  • Narrative Poetry Re: What do you see?

    Reasonable, but so obvious & direct I felt like you were shoving your message down my throat. They live in Russia. You don't really need to tell us that. Show ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Top

    Repetition can really really work but first you have to think about the purpose of it. Here it just lengthens the poem. You really need to condense your work. You ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Possession

    Good content, but I felt like it was incomplete. It was flimsy in the sense that I felt like it could have been great, but it was executed in a ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Protecting the Fallen, Poem

    Generally love your content, though I had to read it a couple of times to get a firm grip on it which I think had a lot to do with ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Bones Outside A Townhouse

    All that time I’d been staring beyond the window, at a wraith that wouldn’t show its face. For years it had floated, for years I had watched until it flicked ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: 365

    Mmm, nice. It's good to read something original. It's almost flimsy, but I guess in some ways that adds to the effect. But it’s been 365 days too much Too ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Our Lost Autumn

    Nice. Pretty. In some ways I felt like it was a bit over the top, in parts. The amber sun sinks into gilded hills. The land heaves a weary sigh. ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: and now i know

    Rightio. First of all, would you say this is a common, universal feeling of yours, to be betrayed and hurt by someone and to feel like giving up? Yes? Well, ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Secret Within

    Good ideas,but I think they could be great ideas if you expressed them more poetically. The syntax is very journal-entry-style, and a lot of the suggestions gadi made would make ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Weak

    OK, this could do with much fixing up. First of all, as Via said, I think it would be much more interesting if you didnt start each line with the ...

    Feb 9, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Stars

    I like the fragmented nature of this piece. The first three lines were the best. I felt like it rambled to a point, and the fact that it was all ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Some Haikus

    Overall nice, though I didnt really like the second one. Found it a bit unoriginal and it was kind of static. His writhing thought from mouth I found that a ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: The Mutilations of the Male Against the Female

    Nice. Great idea. I did find it was overloaded with adjectives, for example: Fair locks flowed Down her slender back. This just weakened the poem for me. The first stanza ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Broadway Queen

    Very beautiful and truthful. Your rhyming is also appropriate and adds a lot to the poem with few exceptions. I did not recognize this Broadway star. Her eyes did not ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Pretty Little Boy (rated for content)

    Nice idea, but I think it could be better put-together. No wonder seeing as your just "scribbled it down during class"! I congratulate you for that. Ok. Love the first ...

    Jan 29, 2008


So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl