User avatar

Liz

  • Other Poetry Re: blue eyes

    simple, rhythmic, sweet. not much else, but it had a nice touch in it that i thought was good to read.

    Feb 4, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Unplugged

    My feet hit the pavement rhythmically as I walk, the commotion and constant buzz of the city drowning out the sound of my footsteps. It's past midnight, but it's Friday, ...

    Feb 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sorry to love.

    Great. Emotive. Well done.

    Feb 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: [War]

    Hmmm...a tough subject to write about because of all the baggage you have to deal with. I quite liked it, I just think it needed a little more to it ...

    Feb 4, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Insanity...needs much work

    i liked it...but yeah it seemed a bit forced. i know what you're trying to get at, but i really had to ponder over the concept instead of being smashed ...

    Feb 4, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: falsettos

    she wears her blood like peach juice on her white sleeve, like the soft sponge of baby skin, creased like melting snow. i wear my blood like beetroot on my ...

    Feb 1, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Aftermath

    Clouds whisper silkily after the bruised ankles of morning. The white ligaments of this salty sea stroke the soft hair of this tuna flesh, with paintbrush fingers they lather froth ...

    Jan 29, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: 100% marshmellow fluff--with a bit of flare

    I quite like it, but I agree with Sabine: it's kind of meaningless and doesn't convey much of a point. However, the language and images are beautiful, so that more ...

    Jan 28, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Circle

    Death checks her watch with hollow eyes (blackened pits) things having been buried inside (bones). Green becomes black, day grows old. Fire feathers flutter to the ground. Ashes enfold. O ...

    Jan 25, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: My Best for my first

    Good stuff, pretty packed-full. I especially like the tone you used. It was witty and satirical at times but was still serious enough to be powerful and important. Some of ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Why me?

    Yeah, it was pretty unoriginal, mainly because you spelt everything out to us. You told us your feelings and emotions rather than showing them through imagery and metaphors etc. That ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Half a Tank of Gas

    I really like it. Powerful and emotional without being confessional poetry. Nice way to express a real-life situation, in a narrative form. It was a pretty original metaphor too. Good ...

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A brainstorm, a gathering of thoughts, a nothing

    I like it, and I'm sure you could wring some truth out of it if you tried. Nice work.

    Jan 24, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Attire

    Thanks. The narrator alternates in who she's talking to: 1, 3 and 5 are to herself; her musings. 2 and 4 are to "friends".

    Jan 24, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: You and I

    I quite like it. Okay, so there are some cliches but I think they're acceptable ones :) We came here like the raindrops Blind to where we would land I ...

    Jan 22, 2005


It takes me deciding to write on YWS in the late hours...to realize how many members are most active while I'm unconscious
— RavenAkuma