User avatar

Liz

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Two Short Poems of Opposing veiwpoints: The Attorney

    I like your idea, but it does seem a bit bland and the execution could be improved. I found your expression was far too obvious and direct, while the idea ...

    Feb 15, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The children with no name

    Pretty solid idea, and good on you for writing about it. The faults I found in this were basically its obviousness and its vagueness. I wanted to feel for these ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Jealousy

    Generally good. You used an age-old idea in a pretty original idea with a nice extended metaphor. I wasnt too sure about the lines in brackets. Although the first one ...

    Feb 14, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: In My Heart (Across the Universe)

    I liked your content, I thought most of your ideas were pretty original, but I have to say that in some ways it had a stream-of-consciousness, first-draft kind of feel ...

    Feb 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Don't

    Mmm, not too poetic. For a subject like this, which has been done many times before, you've got to create characters we really care about, or the emotion is too ...

    Feb 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Wallpaper

    Quite good, if a little stale. I just found that there wasn't much meat to it, so by the time the ending came, I didn't care too much. It doesn't ...

    Feb 12, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Winter's Sigh

    Good stuff. You've got a nice solid idea which is always a great starting place! I did feel that it was in some ways over-written though. The first stanza does ...

    Feb 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: opposite of life

    Not bad at all. Your rhyme and rhythm was reasonably consistent throughout and a lot of your ideas were original. WHat you need to work on is structure and punctuation. ...

    Feb 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lyric Poetry

    This isn't poetry. I'm not saying it couldn't be, but at the moment it's not. So it needs redrafting (and a lot of it). Where's your rhythm? It's just a ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Its Last Moments

    Not bad. The main thing I'd like to suggest is that you make it more unique and write about your own personal, detailed experience. At the moment I see a ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Just Pretend I Didn't Tear Your World Apart

    I'm impressed. The subject probably wouldn't grab me, normally, but here you make it work. Really work. There were a few things that stood out to me. Firstly, punctuation, but ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Human Nature

    Good stuff, powerful content and generally very well expressed! Some of your images really stood out in my mind and for the most part your rhyming works well, which is ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Lost: A Poem By Me

    Definitely you get a 10/10 for content. Some witty ideas in here about the different aspects of being 'lost.' But I did feel somewhat overwhelmed by the vague, overloaded words ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Carbon Copies

    I could really hear your voice and tone, so nice work on that. What I heard your voice speaking about was cliches, cliches, cliches. How many times have I read ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: So Full of Love

    This poem tore me. Half of it was really quite original, and I felt what you were writing about. Half of it was really over-the-top sickly sweet cliched stuff. But ...

    Feb 10, 2008


If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen