User avatar

Liz

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hello, God.

    It's kind of hard not to be a fan of religious poetry. It kind of rules out 90% of classical and 30% of modern poetry, doesn't it? Anyway, I quite ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: experiment.

    I really like it. The only suggestion I can think of is to fiddle around with the line-breakages to make the overall effect of the poem stronger. an unchartered frontier ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Lyrics Re: rock n roll anxiety-prime example of a title that needs work

    Great. The chorus was especially good. Only part I didn't like was: "Rock is my life Music is my reason It gets me through the strife Of being me" It ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Alien God

    Good. I found it a bit inconsistent, but overall it was well-written with a god concept. You may want to fix up some grammatical errors, but apart from that, nice ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Retrograde

    Great, especially the ending. I like the concept and the rich description. Only suggestion would be to either take out or change the "No," in the third stanza. It doesn't ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Touche Mr. Velasquez (kinda short)

    I like it. Very abstract, but somehow musical. The only problem seemed to be line 8, which was far too long to fit the rhythm of the poem. Apart from ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: emotionless

    Not bad, but I think you need to fix the last line. It seems a little cliched. You also might want to simplify the line "nihilistic rendezvous, voyeur boys peeking" ...

    Jun 16, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: cryptic juvenescence

    i've never seen a baby photo of you. it may seem crazy but your mum never got out the old, dusty maroon album and sat me down on the couch ...

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: a silvery black sky

    You had some great images in here. That was what made the poem. However, I think you need to fix up the ending and maybe expand it a little. Not ...

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: nothing in here

    Excuse me?

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: I Come From

    This needs a lot of work. I'm sure you can fix it up. At the moment you've got a load of sentences which could belong to anyone. Are we supposed ...

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Fog

    Yep, short and sweet. You really captured the mood. However, I too didn't like the "planet we call home" line. Just didn't seem to fit. But apart from that, good ...

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: The Soundtrack of Your Life

    Ah, good thinking, how could I forget "The Scientist"? And "The Truth" by Steve Earle

    Jun 13, 2005
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Guns

    Of course nobody needs a gun. Crazy.

    Jun 12, 2005
  • Writing Tips Re: Need some help here....?!?

    I'm exactly the same. I'm trying a novel now and it's going well, the furthest I've ever got. I think this time it's more original and interesting to me, plus ...

    Jun 12, 2005


No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates