User avatar

Liz

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: jetlag poetry - II

    I love this. It flows really well; each word and line seems to rush into the other. One thing: "and streetwise poetboys –that spout the" I think it would be ...

    Aug 21, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Mockingbird

    My daddy still grabs my arm as we're walking along the road and a car plunges forth through the embroidered night. He may be an old black shoe, but I ...

    Aug 20, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Spectacle

    Yeah, I like the trailing-off style. This one's nice. I think the third stanza starts a little awkwardly, but apart from that it's great.

    Aug 7, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: It's Cold Here

    I don't think it's memorable. Definitely easy to relate to, but you need to make it yours.

    Aug 7, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I'm So Tired

    The dry night air bursts in my mouth, awakening a thirst in me, only to be overpowered by the assimilated guitar chords reminiscent of last Christmas. Tonight as I walk, ...

    Aug 7, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Runaway

    Who's going to pay for all my anxious lies and my time-wasting words that litter every cell around me? I pushed it all away, I flicked the rope from the ...

    Aug 4, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: nine

    Aw, thank you! That's so cool how you wrote and scanned it. I don't usually comment on my own stuff but that was such a nice surprise that I had ...

    Aug 1, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: Toast!

    That's funny! Nice one!

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: bouts pour le petit mort

    I really like this. Again you've managed to create a wonderfully original piece with a good backing idea. However, I reckon this one could flow a little better, especially at ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: curriculum vitae

    I like it, but there were a few little things that would make it even better. "novels onto the ceiling until your fingernails cry" "On" instead of "onto" would make ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: insomniac

    time stings on as my eyes form a feathery irritation. today (how long ago) hailed of pretentious conversations, fake segregations and neon alterations. yellow eyes remind me of a summer ...

    Jul 28, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: i know a girl

    Wow, beautiful. I love how I can read your poems and understand everything and yet find this layer of mystery. Your stuff is very easy to read, and addictive. Gorgeous ...

    Jul 23, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: if I were you, I'd run.

    I like this. There were some problems with the flow, in the last stanza and in the lines: "about the way you hold yourself in others' eyes because they don't ...

    Jul 23, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Death (to Cat for the idea)

    I love this. Original and intriguing. I thought you overdid it a tiny bit with all the allusions, but you made up for it at the end.

    Jul 23, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Digging at my heart

    Yep, definitely cut down the sentences. It will make it read better. I like it though, well done.

    Jul 23, 2005


What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman