User avatar

Liz

  • Lyric Poetry Re: What Becomes of Me

    No longer. And your song is not a melody, just a bassline. I am sorry. Could I ever believe in the peace of mind that comes with boredom? I can ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Polar Langour

    Light blushes as it spies my room, where my wings twitter at my side. My eyes are torpid, and my head echoes disgustingly, like a mongoloid. These bars do not ...

    Apr 11, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Hurt Me

    okay, for one this is too overloaded. you've weighed it down with heavy words that suffocate the poem. words like "hateful", "violent personality", "breathtaking emptiness", they need room to breathe.

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: rectangular cutscenes

    i think, like emotion_less said, it could be a little condensed, but the direct repetition is nice, it adds a lot to the whole poem. the puntuation seemed a little ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Confession

    nice. you've got some awesome similes in here, it really makes the poem. i found the shifting focus a little off-putting, the way the object is sort of the first ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: child

    i really like this, it's a brilliant concept which is very nicely executed. i think in the first line the rhythm could be a little less interrupted without the dash, ...

    Apr 10, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bingles and Boys

    Oh love, I do dream of you often. Always the same: vodka stains on my dress, your teeth gritted like the night terror that grinds upon my eyes. When I ...

    Apr 7, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hatching

    I suppose I was expectant. Now here is my stillborn. Oh, he breathed on my neck for a moment or two. Now, this room swings with silence. Beyond, rain echoes ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Sylvia Plath

    One of, if not my favourite, poets of all time. She's not "too depressing to waste your breath on". I think people get caught up with her biographical details, which ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Ekphrastic poem

    I agree it seems unfinished. The concept seems sort of empty, I think it could be brought our more clearly. Maybe develop your ideas a bit more, without leaning too ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Broken 174

    I thought the rhyme was quite forced in place, especially at the beginning. I also think it's clear this hasn't been edited - some of the lines are clearly non ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fortune's Fool

    Great work, I really enjoyed this. I especially love the way you pinpoint specific events and seemingly unimportant experiences to make them important to the reader. The dialogue also works ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Embrace

    Well, firstly your rhyming is very forced. Rhyme can be amazing if you get it right, but it can also drag your whole poem down if you get it wrong. ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Isometry Rockstar

    Very nice. I especially liked the first stanza, you've got some forceful imagery in there. I think maybe the second stanza could use some simplification, maybe condense your unique ideas ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Orchestra

    Not bad, I like the atmosphere you create. One thing I think would make this piece more effective would be if you went a bit easier on the adjectives - ...

    Apr 5, 2007


Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat