User avatar

Liz

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Arachnophobia

    Very nice. You pulled off the rhyme well - normally I find rhyming poems hard to swallow, but in this poem it worked nicely. Also well done with your imagery. ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: All Different Yet All The Same

    Brilliant atmosphere and strong concept. One small thing - the linebreak at the beginning of the 4th stanza didn't seem to fit with the flow of the rest of the ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Already Over (re-write)

    It works better than your first draft. I like the rhythm you've got here and your concept is also interesting. Maybe you could try condensing it a bit further; you ...

    Apr 26, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Ode to a Clock

    You whine three tonight, beneath the sun, white, tied to it like a servile shadow. Your hands mimic it, your numbers outsmart it and make me wait, like a church ...

    Apr 25, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: An Outcast that Doesn't Care.

    I like the quirkiness. I agree with carelessaussie, build up some empathy for the character. Your piece is very much character-based, so I think you need to work on the ...

    Apr 24, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: no

    Nice idea, perhaps a little too much ambiguty but that certainly adds interest! I think at times you fell into the trap of being too obvious, for example: That made ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: The Flower Not The Knife

    Not bad, you have a few interesting ideas in here but I think you could have expressed it a little more originally seeing as it's a pretty outworn subject. Also, ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: a love letter|TO MY ABUSER

    Strong concept with some really interesting images and ideas. Some of the word choices could probably be re-thought, like the one Staring_at_ceiling pointed out. Maybe "more bitter" or another word ...

    Apr 23, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Moonlit Puddle

    The rhythm really does read like more of a story than a poem. However, if you fix this up I think you've got something pretty good...nice imagery and atmosphere especially. ...

    Apr 21, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: From Tabloids to Encyclopaedias

    I thought it would be boundless, hopeless as my broken skin. But I am mended. We are ended. You cannot sew my lips with a fist or slam them shut ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Nausea

    For ever I would murder my temple, leave it pining in a polluted field that reeks of my red vodka vomit. I could love you more than that, for ever, ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: And Damp

    The sweat upon my skin crusts like blood tonight, as your guitar picks itself within the ribs of my head. Love, they may taunt me, but it is less than ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: We shall travel in and do all these worlds

    Wow, your imagery in here is beautifully intense. It's very loaded, perhaps overly so. I think that makes it a bit hard to follow at times, maybe it would be ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: That Rune Walker

    I love your tone. It was consistent throughout the whole story, so you really pulled that off well. You also develop the plot really well, and I like the cyclic ...

    Apr 14, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: She (or the Whore of Hell)

    I also thought this was a really interesting piece. The first say 5 lines and the last couple are probably your strongest, I think you lose the reader a bit ...

    Apr 14, 2007


Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson