User avatar

Liz

  • Lounge, The Re: TYWC Refugees... Bad News

    I think I lost all the poems I wrote on TYWC when the site went down. This makes me want to cry. That poetry defined me for a long while, ...

    Oct 16, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: That's all

    This was fine, you got your ideas across though not necessarily in the most succint way, but generally you dealt with the topic well. The main problem I had with ...

    Apr 11, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: She Hides Behind Her Smile

    Like niteowl said, it was repetitive and vague. I found the repetition didn't do anything for the poem, because it didn't take on any new meaning as the poem progressed. ...

    Apr 11, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The day that had not a morning.

    While the structure isn't the reason it's not poetry, I think you would do better to reconsider it. Think about linebreaks instead of a paragraph, because at the moment the ...

    Apr 11, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Crow

    I quite liked this. Your tone is good and the subject is simple but elegant. I too didn't think the last stanza quite belonged. It may have been the word ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: One soul to go down

    Not too bad. I like your subject matter. It's an interesting idea, but I do think it could be played out in a more captivating way. I didn't feel like ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Every Step of the Way

    Hmm. I think you tacked a tough, worn-out subject well. For the most part it was fresh, which is sometimes the most you can hope for when writing about such ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Grace:

    Quite nice. You have a nice voice going on and some great images. and her hands are curved like a cup That, for instance, was really effective. I thought the ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Dead Listen for Downpours

    Sitting here on the landing waiting for a man to lift my limp wrist, to breathe on my back like the sun that used to chase me through the farm ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Kiss

    Hm..I liked a lot of the imagery you used here, but I wasn't too sure about the premise and much of it seemed overwritten to me, too vague. If you're ...

    Mar 12, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: I want him back

    You have a strong sense of voice that comes through this poem, but I think that what stops it from reaching full potential is the rhythm of the poem and ...

    Mar 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Kaleidoscope

    Not too bad. I like the general metaphor of life & realisation as a kaleidoscope, but as Leja pointed out, a lot of your other ideas were just too predictable. ...

    Mar 10, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Society

    Firstly, I think, as PenguinAttack pointed out, you let yourself down with much of your rhyming scheme. The most obvious example of course is: Gaze upon the sheep of Earth ...

    Mar 9, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Ghosting Flame

    Always you have been there to staunch the weeping window-wound, just beyond my bedroom. Nowadays your shadow is dimmer. I even believe I can see the agapanthuses through you, and ...

    Mar 8, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Anniversary

    I quite like this. You have a strong voice and the content here really capitalises on this. For the most part the subject was interesting, and uniquely written. You still ...

    Mar 8, 2008


If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson