User avatar

Lilyy03

  • Writers Corner Re: Lilyy's scribblings

    So. After a couple unsuccessful attempts at writing novels (or very long short stories) over the years, I've decided to try doing it properly. ^_^ I think my lack of ...

    Feb 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Fiction that we can learn from

    I'd add that His Dark Materials also shows a lot of innovative, extremely interesting magical creatures. Not the usual stock of dragons or centaurs--armored bears, daemons... Also, Diana Wynne Jones' ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Did anything happen in that story?

    Battles definitely aren't essential for conflict--the way some writers do them, they're just totally boring. :P Sometimes it's the smaller, more personal, less flashy conflicts that are the ones that ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How to turn a Steno pad into a brain-juicer:

    Oooh, cool. I do something like this. Well, with a somewhat larger notebook, and a pencil. I can't stand the Sharpie smell. :D But I may try it this way ...

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Local Miracle

    I wouldn't volunteer, as it seems rather... strange, I guess. I'd be interested in finding out how it went, though.

    Feb 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Senses

    Oooh... Interesting. I don't really do too good a job of incorporating all of them either. I think I mostly do the predictable sight, sound, and temperature. Though, a while ...

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Ways to get ideas of what to write

    Cool! :D I'm not the only person who gets my best ideas while in the shower... Dreams have been a good source for me too. I've gotten ideas for characters, ...

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Winning the Battle

    Brilliant article! It's going to be very useful. *bookmarks*

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Punctuation in Dialogue

    (Most people here seem to know all these things cold, but for those who don't... If I've missed anything or made mistakes, please say so!) Proper use of punctuation in ...

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Do you have tips for writing Mystery

    I agree with Jenna. The way you set up your clues is very important, so it's a good idea to have a pretty good plan of how your story is ...

    Jan 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: 6 Word Stories

    What was left? Only their echoes.

    Jan 20, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Sureal Tiptoeing into the World of Short Story Publishing

    LOL!! Oh, and it is awesome you've gotten things published. :D Good luck!

    Jan 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?

    I usually write in the past tense, as its more natural, and more common. But I do try the present tense at times and I like it. I've read some ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Dreaming Deep?

    Best of luck!!

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Laying vs. Lying

    Darnit, I screw this up quite a lot, LOL. But I think your explanation and examples are going to help me remember it. ;) Thanks! I always miz 'where' and ...

    Jan 16, 2007


mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality