User avatar

Lilyy03

  • Writing Activities Re: WASP

    Dear Entertaining, Anyone from Pluo absolutely adores ice. Bring lots of it, but don't restrict yourself to the water type. Ices of methane, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen are favorites. Some ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    The Tiger in the Well , by Philip Pullman. I've only read a few pages, but I like that he set up the conflict very early on. It's the third ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: WASP

    Dear Nervous About the Dance, Evidently, Clark is an alien. Probably one trying to escape his grisly past from another planet, which your necklace must remind him of. You could ...

    Jan 16, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Icons

    aww thanks :D The Fair Lady one is from Pirates too. ^_^ The scene near the beginning of the first movie where Elizabeth walks down the stairs and sees Will ...

    Jan 15, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Icons

    Eep, sorry for posting here again so soon. But, after not making anything for weeks, I went on an icon-making spree and these were the results... Models/fashion Porcelina ...And some ...

    Jan 14, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Icons

    Thanks, all of you! You're welcome to snag anything you want. :D And Fand, it was such a cool surprise to see the featured member using one of my icons. ...

    Jan 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Critiquing Books You Read

    The one that got me going was Philip Pullman's 'Ruby in the Smoke'. I loved it the first time I read it, but I reread it a few months ago, ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Icons

    Thanks Phorcys! You're right, it is more of a movie poster/DVD cover thing than a book cover... Though, I don't have a scanner or other means of transfering a hand ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: My Icons

    Thanks, yoha_ahoy! Here's something rather different, that I've made for a contest on another site... A cover for the 7th Harry Potter book. (click on it to see the full-sized ...

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Hmm. Made me think of some sort of sci-fi with a throwback to greek mythology... The Other City

    Jan 11, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    On Saturday I got "The Ruby in the Smoke" by Philip Pullman, and read it in one day. My gosh, it was good. The basic idea was rather cliche, but ...

    Jan 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ending

    LOTR killed me. Badly. :cry: Yeah, generally, when I like a series (or even just one book) that's fairly long, I feel quite sad when I get to the end. ...

    Jan 2, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Typing or handwritten?

    Lately I've found that I feel a lot better, and I make more progress, when I write with pencil and paper. It tends to get quite messy at times, but ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Influences?

    Way back when, my biggest influences were JK Rowling and Brian Jacques... um *slinks away* Right now, I'm not really sure which authors influence me the most... I think I've ...

    Jan 1, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Brad Returns with Better Artwork (and more shame!)

    Both of them are amazing! I really love the second one.

    Jan 1, 2007


The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein