User avatar

Lilyy03

  • Romantic Short Stories Re: The Most Depressing Game

    I liked this. It's quite meaningful. A few things, though: The first couple paragraphs didn't strike me as being that great. While having some good points (I liked paragraph 3), ...

    Feb 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Lycanthropy

    Your presentation of werewolves is interesting... Though, I do think it'd be a better start for the story if you had a bit more action in there. It doesn't have ...

    Feb 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Angelsea I: The Last Sentinel (posted a bit of ch 2)

    I've only read part of it, sorry, but here are my thoughts on it so far: I found a lot of it (the beginning especially) to be a bit, mm, ...

    Feb 1, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey guys

    Welcome, Andy! It looks like you're off to a great start. I've learned a lot from reading and posting at YWS, hope the same works for you!

    Feb 1, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: And This is the Crazy Part

    On one hand, I agree that parodies of cliches tend to become cliches themselves. But, if one can be creative, engaging, and (perhaps most importantly) funny, it can still be ...

    Feb 1, 2007
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: Harry Potter Plot for RPG Forum

    Hmm... I'm not so sure about your portrayal of Hufflepuff. The Sorting Hat's song in OotP mentions that, after the other three had picked out the qualities they wanted in ...

    Jan 31, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Vvanderfall Chronicles

    Prologue . ;) If you need a spell check, YWS has one that'll do the trick--just click the button at the lower right corner when you post something. And putting ...

    Jan 31, 2007
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Journeys

    A large mammal of the bird family A mammal, by definition, is a member of the class of mammals. Birds have a separate class. I know it's sci-fi/humor, but if ...

    Jan 31, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Reviews

    I haven't read Trickster's Choice, though I might since I've heard some good stuff about it... I'm not really a fan of Tamora Pierce, though. I read the first two ...

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Other Re: short story of the holocaust

    It is well-written, but I have to agree with Trident that it doesn't capture the terror. It does seem to be written too knowingly... as if the narrator isn't actually ...

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Change TWO Letters!

    datum

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Corrupt a Wish

    Granted, but your answers are all wrong. I wish I had more notebooks.

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    It sounds cool. It makes me think of not-too-serious fantasy, maybe with two main characters and lots of surprises... I would probably pick it up. Feed the Hex (I should ...

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Randomosity Re: Change TWO Letters!

    Mutes

    Jan 30, 2007
  • Official Polls Re: Pick The Background!

    I always kinda prefer abstract patterns for backgrounds... Though I agree a spring theme might be cool. There are some nice somewhat spring-related ones on these pages: Flowers: Leafy-looking things: ...

    Jan 30, 2007


We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy