User avatar

Lilyy03

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Moustache

    Ah... Well maybe you could put "Author's Note" or something before the italicized bit. I thought it was part the piece as well. It seemed redundant, with the first paragraph. ...

    Feb 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How to get more critiques

    Yay, good article! :D The only thing I can think of to add--and maybe this is just me--is don't preface the piece by telling us what a friend, teacher, or ...

    Feb 14, 2007
  • Archive Re: Lost

    And I saw a dark speck against the sun. I looked away, rubbed my eyes, and looked back--it was still there. It was getting larger, too.

    Feb 13, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: First Day As A Widow

    Well I'd suggest correcting your dialogue punctuation . ;) I agree with your teacher that the animal metaphors were creative, if a bit... odd. There are a few spots where ...

    Feb 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Checklist to perfect each chapter

    I think a good thing to have at the of chapters is something surprising that'll keep the reader wanting more.

    Feb 13, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Kingdom Beyond Reality

    Four rings of the old grandfather clock Do grandfather clocks really ring? I always thought of them as chiming, or maybe tolling. as every child was fast asleep – or ...

    Feb 13, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Lilyy's scribblings

    So. After a couple unsuccessful attempts at writing novels (or very long short stories) over the years, I've decided to try doing it properly. ^_^ I think my lack of ...

    Feb 13, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Life by Haiku

    The sky begins to Clear; it is the day after Storms and shocking pain.

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The Shadow (prolouge)

    "Who do you work for?" Demanded a ferocious muscular man with deadly black eyes. "Demanded" shouldn't be capitalized. "I work for no one, however I myself would like to ask ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: The Worst Story Ever

    As the penguins left for Starbucks, John's would-be co-star (a tall, slender, bosomy, raven-haired woman) dashed to his fallen body. She wore a plain blue dress, but its demure simplicity ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Fiction that we can learn from

    I'd add that His Dark Materials also shows a lot of innovative, extremely interesting magical creatures. Not the usual stock of dragons or centaurs--armored bears, daemons... Also, Diana Wynne Jones' ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Change One Letter

    Lisp

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A beginning...

    Yeah... It was a dark and stormy night... ^_~ Other than that, I did like this. It's especially good that you end each exerpt you post with something different and ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Did anything happen in that story?

    Battles definitely aren't essential for conflict--the way some writers do them, they're just totally boring. :P Sometimes it's the smaller, more personal, less flashy conflicts that are the ones that ...

    Feb 12, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    Harry Potter is good. It's fast-paced and exciting. LOTR, however, is of another league completely. Even the LOTR movies are far and away superior to the HP ones. I completely ...

    Feb 12, 2007


A beautiful funeral doesn't guarantee Heaven.
— Haitian Proverb