User avatar

Lil_Pau

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hazy Days

    Hazy Days Walking down a lane, The incessant rain shrouds me. Pale moon of October, hiding in the dark, Nymphs of the night dash across a misty sea. A paradise ...

    Dec 19, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Purple Memories

    Purple Memories Blue skies pass by and fade, The day sets peacefully. Echoing in the heavens, Prayers turn into stars. Sailing across an ocean of danger, Far away from my ...

    Dec 4, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Discordant

    Thanks for reviewing! :oops: O yeah, I think I double-posted this.

    Nov 24, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Discordant

    Discordant I'm chained and bound by oblivion, Locked inside a cage of confusion. Angels of death swarm above my head, Darkness blocks away happy faces. Blue skies end up in ...

    Nov 16, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Volcano

    :D OK, thanks for reviewing!

    Nov 16, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Volcano

    The Volcano Listen to her angry roar, Echoing from a fiery hell's door. She blows her trumpet, Sending a smoke of fury into the air. Pieces of her burning heart ...

    Nov 15, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: In the Night, Under the Moon

    In the Night, Under the Moon In the night, under the moon, The stars in the sky shine out and bloom. Fireflies dance a glimmering polka, Water lilies row their ...

    Nov 14, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Land Between the Rivers

    O...that's kinda true anyway... Well, thanks for reviewing! :)

    Nov 14, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Sunsets and Sorrows

    Wow. I really like this piece. It's beautiful and very emotive. Keep up the good work!

    Nov 14, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Heart of the Desert

    Heart of the Desert A wind blows by, carrying a burden of myths, In the heavens above, a star falls into the abyss. Walking along the dunes of history, Unfolding ...

    Nov 13, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Land Between the Rivers

    Land Between the Rivers Come with me to the land between the rivers, The sandstorm blows a tale of great wonders. Once an endless battlefield, now and always be, A ...

    Nov 12, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Raining Delusions

    Raining Delusions Drops of innocence envelope me in a shower, Silver clouds skip merrily over a hill of paper flowers. Hear the wind sing, it leaves a trail of destruction, ...

    Nov 11, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Holding Onto Hope

    Holding Onto Hope Running endlessly in a hallway of confusion, Seeking answers fading into unconsciousness. The sun smiles today, hailing down brightness, But I'm drifting into a dark illusion. A ...

    Nov 10, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Faraway Winter

    Faraway Winter Walking along a path painted with white, In the distance, there shines a light... Snowflakes rain down a joyful dance, Touching down onto the palm of my hand. ...

    Nov 9, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: No Ceiling

    Great poem. Good imagery and structure. I wish the world was really like what you wrote in your poem... :)

    Nov 9, 2007


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch