User avatar

Lena.Wooldridge

  • General Fiction Novels Re: Swimming Against the Kolyma River (edited)

    If anyone could review this newer, edited version, that would be great. Lena

    Nov 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Haven't posted in about a year.

    I think that in your attempt to prove your proficiency as a writer you succeeded in created something that ultimately says and accomplishes nothing. The entire point of writing is ...

    Nov 1, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The American Dream

    I actually tried to base this off of the song "Red Water," by Rehab. Initially, the plot was going to be the same main character, except his neighbor is the ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The American Dream

    There’s this concept of the American dream that everyone around here seems to want to live up to. I can even remember my tata talking about it back when I ...

    Oct 27, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Wings

    I loved this. I loved Pete's character. You did a really good job of creating a realistic little kid. My main issue was with the way in which Rachel told ...

    Oct 26, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Outsider

    Overall, I truly did like the way the sentences flowed. It reminded me of the phrasing in Frankenstein or The Scarlet Letter . However, in your attempt to create this ...

    Oct 26, 2010
  • WRFF Archive Re: free reviews all around

    Thank you :)

    Oct 26, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Padma's Valentine

    Sorry for the overwhelming negativity of my review.

    Oct 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Padma's Valentine

    There are two proper uses for a semicolon. The first one is as a "supercomma." This is the more complicated of the two, and is less used. EXAMPLE: Rascal, the ...

    Oct 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Padma's Valentine

    Um, wow, this was really weird. 1. What is Padma's motive in killing Tim? 2. All of your semicolons ( ; ) are used incorrectly. 3. Your dialogue needs help. ...

    Oct 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Red Balloon (Chapter 1)

    First off, the formatting on this needs to be fixed. This is no fault of yours - YWS just sort of messes up all of your indentations and such. So ...

    Oct 25, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Kolyma River - Chapter 3

    In the mornings, prior to the beginning of the work parade, nearly every man and zek did gather in the main plaza, and it became eminent that there were few ...

    Oct 25, 2010
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Renaissance Man

    The fact that this speaks directly to the reader makes it very readable and easy to connect to. Usually I do not like works that say "you," but this is ...

    Sep 23, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Why the Earth is Beautiful

    I know why the hound cautiously sniffs the carcass of the sparrow, scarcely grazing the bird’s lifeless, brown feathers inquisitively with the tip of his moist nose. He is careful ...

    Sep 23, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hide and Seek

    The darkness was complete; compressing, suffocating, choking. A rule of thumb with semicolons is that both sides of the semicolon must be complete sentences. In this case, the semicolon should ...

    Sep 22, 2010


No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates