User avatar

Krupp

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Cliche's and Something for Everyone

    Perhaps I've merely misunderstood what this thread is all about (and if I have please inform me.) but I've always thought that when you're writing something it was best to ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Cliche's and Something for Everyone

    Perhaps I've merely misunderstood what this thread is all about (and if I have please inform me.) but I've always thought that when you're writing something it was best to ...

    Jun 15, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Constantly Risking Absurdity

    It's strange...I don't see too many of these kinds of poems nowadays...I miss them...

    Jun 15, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: First Novel?

    Keep your first novel. I have. And I'm glad that I haven't published it or thrown it away. It's horrible stuff, really. But looking back at it, it definitely keeps ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle!

    I never say much. But when I do speak it's clear, I know quite a bit.

    May 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Just started Uncle Tom's Cabin for the first time ever. Feel stupid admitting I haven't read a classic like that. I'm also studying the Bible for the first time in ...

    Apr 15, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    I used to write perfect characters. But after a while I stopped. It's not like writing someone who has a problem or suffers from an internal condition. Nowadays pretty much ...

    Apr 10, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Takes one to write one?

    Every antagonist I've created I've partially based off of myself. I'm not insane. I just have a few traits I think some antagonists could benefit from having....

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Rose Madder, Stephen King

    I haven't read King in a long time...I'll have to look this one up. King used to be my favorite author.

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    I don't swear that often; probably because if anyone in my family saw it they'd be pissed. But swearing - especially f--k and b--ch and s--t, they just degrade the ...

    Apr 5, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Your favourite tense?

    I tried to write a book in the present tense once with a first-person viewpoint; it was the most difficult thing I've ever tried. I abandoned the idea after that. ...

    Apr 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Swearing In Stories

    I don't swear that often; probably because if anyone in my family saw it they'd be pissed. But swearing - especially f--k and b--ch and s--t, they just degrade the ...

    Apr 4, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Torturing your character

    ...I thought this was a literal question about real torture...I would've said it couldn't hurt to remind your character what physical pain really is like...Never mind that though.

    Mar 19, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Rum Diary

    Let me see...this takes place in the 1950's. This guy is a journalist, as I mentioned. He dropped out of Vanderbilt, went to New York and he'd been working as ...

    Mar 18, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Rum Diary

    Has anybody else read this? Fantastic read, for older writers on here, anyways. The story's about A journalist that moves out to San Juan, trying to scratch a living among ...

    Mar 18, 2008


You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders