User avatar

Kel

  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Watching You

    I can honestly say that this is very realistic. Very. It touched a spot in me. I used to work at a coffeeshop and my own husband (after we were ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: My Summer Romance

    I'm in the same boat as Bianca. You say they're at a horse camp but there's nothing to denote that it's there. Just the mention of it and the horses ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Song of the Secret Keepers

    I don't like to edit before posting. I want people to see the very raw, basic bones of the story I'm trying to write. If I edit too much, I ...

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Alphasmart

    I agree with Magicman. All of the extras on a laptop are great if you need them. We just happen not to need WMP, internet, etc. etc. that are standard ...

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Song of the Secret Keepers

    Thanks, 007. :) I'll have to read through the scene again and see what I can do. I post these directly from my Alphasmart which only lets me view 4 ...

    Jul 30, 2007
  • NovMo Archives Re: NaNoWriMo 2007

    I may or may not do NaNo this year. I can't say I failed the last two times, but I never made the 50k mark. But failure is not trying.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Young Adult Fiction

    YA is what I aim to write for. The thing I like about YA is the fact that the storlines aren't quite as ... engrossed with nitty-gritty details about primary ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Archive Re: Harry Potter

    ***All right. I'll try this one more time but please be clear on these: 1) Thornton Procom is NOT a Severus Snape clone. Yes he is the Head of Slytherin. ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Song of the Secret Keepers

    (deleted)

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    You guys have to remember, the only time we really see James is in Snape's Worst Memory. You can't judge their entire character on that small little moment. But you ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: No title yet.

    I really liked the ending a lot. The only real "errors" I found were grammatical. I've left an edited version (edits in bold) on your desktop for you to read! ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    [spoiler] I see how James' potrayal makes it difficult to see how Lily would pass up such a devoted friend as Sev, but we do see, in the memories, that ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    [spoiler] I totally wish Lily had chosen Snape! I mean, there's no evidence except that James was an arrogant annoyance, a prankster, and Snape was all sweet and loved Lily ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing or typing? How do you write your story?

    I used to prefer writing by hand since I can't lug my desktop everywhere with me. A laptop was right-out since they're so expensive and little bundles of distraction. Enter ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Planning of a novel.

    I don't tend to outline the plot or the chapters, just the characters. And even then they change from their original outline. Currently one of my characters was just a ...

    Jul 25, 2007


We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer