User avatar

KatTrain

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Two Gay Poems

    The title made me like the poem before i read it, haha.

    Jan 2, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: this is no longer a poem

    Shoot me, I like the french, it gives it character. "Were no longer insufferable or evoking sickness in me" --too long "But then, still whilst walking along" --'whilst' is unnecessary ...

    Jan 2, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: jealousy

    *Unoriginal* Cliche and disappointing, to tell you the truth. I didn't think i 'd see a more 'emo' poem then the ones on Quizilla, till you actually put eyeliner into ...

    Jan 2, 2010


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch