Random avatar

Karsten

  • Homework Help Re: Easy Question...I can't do it

    This took a little lateral thinking. I'm not an expert, so anyone out there is free to double-check my working. Q. How many different isosceles triangles are possible if the ...

    Sep 6, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: BlackHeart Introduction

    Hi tigerwolf4, It's great that you're starting a novel in my favourite genre, epic fantasy. Sadly, I'm not sure this introduction is starting in quite the right place. It's just ...

    Sep 6, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Advent Child [Series]; Book One_ Lower Town

    Responses to your responses to my ... yeah, anyway: In the first chapter Harah and Alex are still teens, whereas they're much older when chapter two starts. I styled it ...

    Sep 6, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Writing Insecurities

    Readers often comment about "white room syndrome" and ask for more setting description. I have problems with blocking - readers can't picture where each character is in relation to another. ...

    Sep 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: getting emotion out of the pages and into the reader

    I am now writing a short story (actually I don't know what it is yet, it's a wait and see thing) where a character dies but I don't know how ...

    Sep 6, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Character development?? Need help.

    You're confusing a number of separate issues in this post. (1) Your characters have no personalities. This is a character creation problem. When you create a character, personality is among ...

    Sep 6, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Advent Child [Series]; Book One_ Lower Town

    Hi Xunn, Wow. This story is spectacular . I was seriously blown away by the plot, the world-building, the characterisation. It’s such a huge, epic, story covering a massive range ...

    Sep 5, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Writing As A Career

    I know that pretty much everyone on here takes writing pretty seriously and wants to eventually publish something , but how many of you are actually going to try to ...

    Sep 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Silent Queen: Chapter 1-3

    Hi Miniauthor, This is an engaging piece that drew me in and occasionally made me laugh. It's pretty impressive for something you wrote so quickly. I'd read on. I did ...

    Sep 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Bomb (Beginning)

    Hi WritingWords, I was able to follow this piece from beginning to end, but at this point, I'm not sure that I would read on. The key problem for me ...

    Sep 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Kingdom of Gold {chapter 1}

    Following up on your PM - this version is considerably less creepy. :D

    Jul 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Kingdom of Gold {chapter 1}

    Hi angels-symphony, I think my key problem with this piece is the characterisation. The dialogue feels melodramatic to me. People don't complain about being cooped up by their stupid parents ...

    Jul 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Blades and Bargains

    Sometimes I stay away from Fantasy because a lot of the time there are just so many big names and sometimes not enough humanisation... So just for a minute, think ...

    Jul 5, 2009
  • Research Re: The male perspective

    There is no uniform male perspective, and different men will react in different ways to different things. For example, of my two brothers, #1 is a complainer, but #2 bottles ...

    Jul 5, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Cold Moon [Chapter One] [Part I]

    Hi DrPepper, Following up on Awake's comments about this not reading like a real English setting, differences you might find helpful: * We don't express dates as September 2nd, but ...

    Jun 30, 2009


People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin