Random avatar

Karsten

  • General Fiction Novels Re: The Echo ( Chapter One)

    Hi there, I thought the writing here was readable and the dialogue had a few good one-liners, but overall, I'm having problems sympathising with the protagonist - he's coming across ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: The Demoncasters (Chapter 1)

    Hi Dr. Who, a man who clearly has excellent taste in television, I'm afraid I struggled a bit with this piece. It's loaded with errors - look how many spelling ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Twilight Skies (R13 -Contains coarse language)

    Glad I could help, Ronnok. :) Drive-by comment on the comment on my comments: Hello there, well personally, I've read Karstens comments and would like to add my own opinion ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Robert Newcomb's The Fifth Sorceress. Regurgitated Hero's Journey knockoff made notable by its misogyny, homophobia and Nazism . :roll:

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing - Is Length An issue?

    Agent Colleen Lindsay on word counts and novel length . Short answer: Yes.

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: How did you find the Young Writers Society?

    I belong to the Teens Writing for Teens thread on the AbsoluteWrite forums (which kindly puts up with me even though I'm neither a teen nor writing for teens) and ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Falling Below Zero - Chapter 1

    Hi octocoffee, This was smooth and well-written. My key problem is a realism issue. I know that the Sara character's hypothermia will turn out to have a magical cause or ...

    Sep 9, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Willow-Chapter 1

    Hi Tyler, I read this all the way to the end because the writing was smooth. I'm in two minds about whether I'd read on at this point, and I'd ...

    Sep 9, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Twilight Skies (R13 -Contains coarse language)

    Hi Ronnok, Welcome to the fantasy forum! I think the writing here is readable, but I'm afraid I didn't enjoy it as much as Lorrilrakest or gsp. I struggled with ...

    Sep 9, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A Girl With Magic and Such (for Ellie's contest)

    Loved "misfortunous". :P

    Sep 8, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: My Blood, My Truth - Chap. 1

    Hi KJ, This is excellent. Your style is fluent and lyrical without being purple, and I thought a lot of the emotional content was spot-on: the protagonist's mother often trying ...

    Sep 8, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: 10 and 11 year old Thugs brutally torture two boys.

    It's a UK case. Shades of the 1993 torture-murder of two-year-old Jamie Bulger by two ten-year-olds .

    Sep 8, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Background Check Center

    Preach it, brother. If you have money to burn, it's less effort and heartache to actually burn it than to vanity publish.

    Sep 8, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Proposal: Bleeding Ink

    I'm zeroing in on the logic of the writing stuff here, which is pinging my radar a little. (1) I'm struggling to imagine a situation in which a writer actually ...

    Sep 7, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Scarlet Raindrop

    Hi shanan-cat, I could make a guess at what's bugging Jetpack here: Sorry this review isn't much help, but I can't put my finger on why I'm not jumping to ...

    Sep 7, 2009


I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare