Random avatar

Karsten

  • NovMo Archives Re: Word Counts!

    17k.

    Nov 6, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Trouble with the Supernatural

    Thanks for your input! Karsten; I dunno about the blood thing, because that is part of the story (a lot of it focuses on blood). The sunlight thing... I could ...

    Nov 2, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Trouble with the Supernatural

    There may be supernatural creatures other than vampires who are super-strong, age rapidly in sunlight and drink humans' blood to gain youth ... but I'm questioning whether you can pull ...

    Nov 1, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Shadow Flight: un-retirement chapter two: Infiltration

    I did read it but unfortunately it was posted after chapter two was already up so I couldn’t do anything about it in chapter two. Also I have some good ...

    Oct 27, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Shadow Flight: un-retirement chapter two: Infiltration

    Hi Stealth, I'm not sure if you read my review of your previous chapter. There's always a risk with forums that you're throwing your reviews into a black hole where ...

    Oct 27, 2009
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Shadow Flight: un-retirement chapter one: Briefing

    Hi Stealth, I noticed that you have some really great feedback on grammar, but not a lot of big-picture comments, so I figured I'd pop in and show you a ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • WRFF Archive Re: Karsten’s Scary Judgement

    Hi folks, I finally got the blood of my last victim out of the carpet, so I’m hunting for more work to review. Specifically, I’m hunting for writers who: 1. ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: A Whispered Secret - Chatper 1 *Arrival*

    Hi Random, Overall, I agree with earlier posters that this feels generic. The beginning follows a particularly cliched format typical to a lot of YA stories. First, the protagonist's vital ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Another novel idea?

    Hi PB, This idea follows a familiar framework. It seems like all dystopian/post-apocalyptic novels revolve around a central threat (the Hunger Games, for example) that the protagonist has to confront.

    Oct 24, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Changing Protagonists

    Switching protagonists in a series is unusual, but not unheard of. I recently read Sarah Rees Brennan's The Demon's Lexicon, and I noticed that in her trilogy she plans to ...

    Oct 24, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: In Need of Flaws

    Hi Shina, Just a drive-by comment. Love the idea of the protagonist being too afraid/selfish to use her powers on anyone else. I wonder if we could extrapolate this idea ...

    Oct 23, 2009
  • Romantic Novels Re: The Inch - The Full Story - Chapter 1

    Hi Whisperer, Thanks for messaging me to clear this up. I obviously misinterpreted your previous comments - I felt like you were reacting defensively to my criticisms and accusing me ...

    Sep 15, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Fighting Fire (Prologue, and Chapters 1, 2) (just added 2)

    Hi JRS, Just a quick comment today. I had a plausibility issue with the core concept here. Your piece revolves around someone who wants to join the military. In an ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Homework Help Re: Brain Teasers! (No really, this is homework.)

    21. Okay, you got through that one, but now it turns out that you don’t obtain math certification unless you can determine the heavier marble in only 2 weighings. Will ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Homework Help Re: Brain Teasers! (No really, this is homework.)

    (These are all really famous, by the way - if you're already cheating by asking us to do them for you, you could just google them.) 24. You and a ...

    Sep 13, 2009


There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket