User avatar

Kamas

  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    29/01/12 e.e. cummings ~ somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond any experience, your eyes have their silence: in your most frail gesture are ...

    Jan 29, 2012
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    13/01/12 Pablo Neruda ~ Poetry And it was at that age... Poetry arrived in search of me. I don't know, I don't know where it came from, from winter or ...

    Jan 13, 2012
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    30/12/11 William Ernest Henley ~ Invictus Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable ...

    Dec 29, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Christmas lights

    The holiday season is a time for lights, in almost all celebrations and is famous for lights. I love winter, specifically at night for that reason. (Macro setting with really ...

    Dec 28, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    12/10/11 Charles Bukowski ~ Bluebird there's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out but I'm too tough for him, I say, stay in there, I'm not going ...

    Dec 10, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    12/03/11 Richard Siken ~ Litany in Which Certain Things Are Crossed Out Every morning the maple leaves. Every morning another chapter where the hero shifts from one foot to the ...

    Dec 3, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    11/25/2011 Walt Whitman ~ A Clear Midnight This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless, Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson ...

    Nov 26, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    11/18/11 John Keats ~ Bright Star Bright star! would I were steadfast as thou art— Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night, And watching, with eternal lids apart, Like ...

    Nov 18, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: a photo from perdido.

    Your framing is awful in the first picture, and gives us a level eye view of what is happening so it is moreso documenting rather then photography. There's a distinct ...

    Oct 28, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    10/21/11 Sylvia Plath ~ Lady Lazarus I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it-- A sort of walking miracle, my skin Bright as a Nazi ...

    Oct 21, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    10/17/11 Louise Glück ~ Vespers In your extended absence, you permit me use of earth, anticipating some return on investment. I must report failure in my assignment, principally regarding the ...

    Oct 18, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Everything beautiful

    Hi Dreaming Forever, I'm just tossing you a quick note that you've overexposed and over saturated your photographs. Exposure: Over exposure can be nice in some cases, like certain black ...

    Oct 9, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    09/30/2011 Aaron Smith ~ Boston I've been meaning to tell you how the sky is pink here sometimes like the roof of a mouth that's about to chomp down on ...

    Sep 30, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: How to (not) write a haiku

    *bump*

    Sep 23, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    The weekly poem thread! 09/23/2011 Charles Baudelaire, Le Spleen de Paris ~ Be Drunk (As translated by Louis Simpson) You have to be always drunk. That's all there is to ...

    Sep 23, 2011


If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"