User avatar

Kale

Your #1 Source for a Healthy Dose of Quackery

  • Writers Corner Re: Writing the last chapter before the story is finished?

    I've managed to keep at a project for a good half a decade even though the ending was one of the first things I wrote. I'd say, if it keeps ...

    Oct 28, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vegetarianism/Veganism? With or against?

    Kyll>> How come? Do you know why you need meat? Nope. I know for certain it wasn't the aggregate protein or iron requirements as I was eating plenty of legumes, ...

    Oct 27, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Empty Soul Escape

    I'm seconding everything Lumi said, especially with respects to the firm foundation and flow issues. There's a genuineness, a genuineness that's quite brutal at times, to this poem that makes ...

    Oct 27, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Snow White's poison apples

    There's also a rather mundane case of poisoning. She's hungry (or not) before the final battle. A supporter of the Queen (who she might find physically attractive) gives her a ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: In the Glass Part 4

    This was beautiful. I honestly have nothing to critique (which is very rare), aside from complaining that this section was far too short. And it's really not so much a ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Vegetarianism/Veganism? With or against?

    I've got nothing against vegans and vegetarians, and for a while I attempted to go vegetarian, but that wound up ending rather horribly. I happen to be one of those ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: I Am A Dragon

    Hey there. As shiney already mentioned, the bold and large size of the font make this not very nice-looking, and it's distracting to your readers. How a poem appears is ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Rhyme Battle

    Misspellings in poetry are so passe; properties grammatical are now the way. Though the dithering's amusing, and the wanton ego-bruising, we should all make up — kiss the smack talk ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Research Re: Arrrgh, Super Powers

    What about something spiritual, like the ability to act as a conduit for the dead? Depending on who/what possess the character during that time, the potential for murder is a ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    Dry husks crinkle, the death-brown blanket I stand on — the trees shed their skin.

    Oct 26, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: chap 1 Things That Happen

    Hey there. Since bexy was so thorough on the spelling and grammar, I won't be mentioning anything about them, except to say that proofreading is always a good idea. Most ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: From A Little Girl's Heart To A Young Woman's

    This read more like a list than a poem, and to be honest, I'm struggling to find anything about it that could be considered poetic or even story-like. All I ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • Questions and Answers Re: Why am I not getting points?

    Also, the longer the reviews you write, the more points you'll get. The maximum is 50, though if you review a work with no reviews, you can get as many ...

    Oct 26, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Silent Secrets Chapter2 (Hollow)

    This is a very interesting format for a chapter. Since it seems to be a poem, I'll be reviewing it as such. The first thing you might want to do ...

    Oct 25, 2011
  • Romantic Novels Re: Raquél: Outside Looking In

    First impression: Wow. Long. But once I started reading, I was hooked. You might want to consider breaking this up into parts so that it's more manageable for readers. Anything ...

    Oct 24, 2011


"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom Pérignon