User avatar

KJ

  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Birth

    Again, interesting. But one thing that bothered me was that the child was called "it" several times, when it's clear that "it" is a child. ...Or is it?... Make more ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Beginnings

    I guess the only thing I can say was that it was interesting. I wasn't all that enthralled, but it was well-written.

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: The Charge Card: 1

    I liked your descriptions. It was a little unrealistic that the cab driver just let the man go when he didn't pay, but I guess that's just part of the ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: Nevermind

    Since this takes place in present-day (at least that was the impression I got from the woman with the folder and the fluorescent lights), the whole coin-thing with the guards ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Gate of Glendon- Prologue

    What time does this take place in? The language your main character uses makes me feel as if it's 2008. You use "okay" a lot, and "come on". If it ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Meanwhile... Narrative

    I didn't really get all that interested in this. I found it dull. I thought the whole going-back-in-time thing corny. I feel that this would be better if the story ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Twins: A Fairytale

    I really liked this. When I read the "Once upon a time" thing, I thought, oh great here we go... but it was great! There were a few mistakes here ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Emma

    I know you posted this a while ago, but I wanted to review something I haven't read before, and I've read all the new submissions. Here it is: Pretty good. ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Good Will

    I’m going to nit-pick first. But don’t worry; there are positive things to say at the end. First of all, after the scene of the mother leaving her child, and ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Totems 1

    He is obviously very old, and looks harmless enough, but you never know with strangers Really the only problem I have with this. The "you never know with strangers" doesn't ...

    Mar 13, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Secret

    As I sat on the edge of my window, staring outside, watching the day pass me by. Would sound better as something like: As I sat on the edge of ...

    Mar 13, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Why?

    I also like "stone" better for the description. And I liked this whole thing. Very interesting. I was a little confused on the seller-customer part. I found myself thinking that ...

    Mar 13, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Snow White- After the Poison Apple

    Funny.

    Mar 13, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: Cyra, Gift of the Water Ch. 1

    This is really good. Your descriptions are rich and the flow of the plot and dialogue was great. The battle scene was well done... but I kind of wish there ...

    Mar 13, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Jewels of the sky

    and i wonder-could they compare their worth?? Don't like the two exclamation points. And the i's need to be capitalized. flows over her shoulders and down Would sound better as: ...

    Mar 13, 2008


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)