User avatar

JoyceSparrows

  • General Fiction Novels Re: The pretense of a happy family

    Welcome YWS! I hope you will enjoy it here. Just one question before I begin. Is this supposed to be a novel or just a short story? I was posted ...

    Jul 15, 2011
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Rosemary - Chapter 1

    This is the first chapter of my first novel. Exciting, isn't it?I stayed up crazy late so that I could finish this. So um, yeah... read and review away! ***1904*** ...

    Jul 15, 2011
  • Official Polls Re: Are you writing a novel?

    I got super excited about this and went ahead and posted the prologue of my novel; Rosemary . The story is set in the Edwardian era in Ontario, Canada. It’s ...

    Jul 14, 2011
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Rosemary - Prologue

    This is my first time posting a novel. I've just started writting it, so I don't have any of the actual chapters ready yet. I know this is very short, ...

    Jul 13, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: What I Think

    Hello! I think this is pretty good for your first time at writing dramatic poetry. You did a good job with expressing the feeling that a boy might have, although ...

    Jul 13, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Blue Sky

    That was absolutely incredible. Normally I don’t like reviewing a story unless I have some critics to give, but I really couldn’t help it. Honestly, I don’t understand how you ...

    Jun 10, 2011
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Telephone Line

    As you can see, this story is written completely in dialogue. It was writing prompt. I would really appreciate your comments. *edit* This is set in the 1930s. “Hello?” “Hello ...

    Apr 5, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My Aborted Child

    I enjoyed this story. I have always been against abortions myself and I thought that this was good. the night he rapped me Rapped: He rapped on the door. Raped: ...

    Apr 4, 2011
  • Welcome Mat Re: April joining in April?

    YAY CANADA the place where the snow never melts (I don't know about you, but here in Edmonton there's still a ton of it on the ground.) We all live ...

    Apr 2, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Can I Forgive You?

    Hello! I have got to say that this is the longest short story I have ever read. Generally, people don’t like reviewing something this long. I can give you some ...

    Mar 31, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: A Broken Heart to Fix

    I liked this. Sure it was short, but honestly, I don't think anything needs to be added to it. Lots of us have been in similar situations, and we know ...

    Mar 29, 2011
  • Romantic Novels Re: Without You - Chapter 2

    For a while I thought you might have given up. I’m glad you didn’t! All the mistakes have seemingly been caught, so I don’t really have much to say except ...

    Mar 28, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roads

    Hey! I liked the idea you have going, but it’s just not a story. You need to think about adding to it, because right now it’s just a thought. It ...

    Mar 27, 2011
  • Historical Fiction Novels Re: Ch 7: The Misery And Suffering Of A Rose

    I really enjoyed this chapter. I liked the way the character of Rose was developed more. I was too involved in the reading to look for any nitpicks. To answer ...

    Mar 27, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Abby

    That was a cute story. I really liked the voice you gave to the dog. The only problem I have is with this sentence: the lady's foot hit ground,the ground ...

    Mar 27, 2011


“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly