User avatar

JosephDean

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In His Box

    First, thanks for your critiques. I do appreciate it :) Second, they're faux rhymes. They don't have to technically be exactly the same. Third, I switched to third in the ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    *Has a bad seventh grade flashback* Hatchet .... *shudder* The entire time I was just yelling at the pages, "Die already!" Also, I think it's called Tru Confessions ... about ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Wow, I just finished it a little over an hour ago. I'm confident in saying that it was much better than Twilight. The characters were MUCH more believable, and Meyer's ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: "Geraniums in Cairo" and other stories

    Wow, I'm surprised that no one has reviewed this. I know it was written a while back, but anyways... “Do geraniums grow in Cairo?” “Oh please, they grow wherever.” “They ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing in a Different Mood

    Lol, I just might do that. Thanks :) Maybe I should just force myself to write meaningless sentences and then go back and edit it all once I have words ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: On and On

    Wow, that was really great! I'm surprised you think that you are lousy at poetry because that one flowed well enough for me :). The first sentence that took up ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing in a Different Mood

    Haha, I'm always listening to music while I write, draw, etc. Odd thing is, I can write an extremely gory death scene while listening to Paramore :P So... that wouldn't ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing in a Different Mood

    Thanks, you did help a bit, lol. The thing is, I have four main characters (but one is just.. .um... main-er? than the others). From my Main-Main Character, it is ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Fanfiction Short Stories Re: I Will Follow You Into The Dark

    Most of the things that I found have already been mentioned. However... ...his smooth russet skin... There should be a comma between smooth and russet. When you have multiple adjectives ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Forest People Pt. 1

    Very interesting, indeed! A couple things that jumped out at me though. First, the obvious ones. I moved my bare soles silently across the floor of brown and green, then ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Homework Help Re: Algebra 1 help!! Please Help! Due Tomorrow!!

    Is it a sad thing that I'm in AP Calculus and I don't know how to do half this stuff? To be fair, I know the properties, but as Sam ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Homework Help Re: My teacher and I disagree about this MLA format thing

    The commas in red should be there. *nods* The "when....." part is a dependent clause and omitting the comma will create a run-on sentence. :) Tell your teacher to put ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Falling for Jake

    Haha, I loved that ending. Somewhat predictable, but very much entertaining. Allow me to state that I literally laughed out loud at the blunt use of the .. erm...... italicized ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing in a Different Mood

    Well, in my seemingly neverending novel, I'm stuck at a chapter because it has to be written in a happy, somewhat joyful (but not too much) mood, but I don't ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: An Unnamed Poem

    Thank you so much!

    Sep 24, 2008


Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus