User avatar

Jonny

  • Media Reviews Re: The Life of Pi, by Yann Martel

    So, has anyone else read this story? I just finished, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gets off to a slow start (which feels weirdly disjointed from the rest of ...

    Nov 25, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

    Read this recently, and didn't like it. The story tries to build up the stoning to the highest point it will hold your interest. But the stoning is not innately ...

    Nov 25, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: does it matter?

    I'd say, if you need another character, try to make it a female. I'm no women's right advocate, but having a girl in your story doesn't necessarily soften it (there ...

    Nov 3, 2008


You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World