User avatar

Joeducktape

  • Writing Tips Re: This Is Awesomeness

    This rocks: Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Writing Better This is better than sliced bread!

    Jul 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Anyone try acting?

    I DO THIS! However, it's just me doing it. So my Mom constantly walks in on me asking why and what I'm talking to my self about.

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?

    I usually don't approve of using present tense. I've always thought that past was better. However, whenever I try to write in past tense, I end up switching to present ...

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Research Re: Third Person or First?

    How do you decide which is better to use, third or first person? What are some advantages/disadvantages of using them. Which is better when you have two points of view ...

    Feb 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How To Find A Good Title

    So, I have no title for my current project. My last working title was no good, and it made me cringe every time I read it. I was wondering, how ...

    Jan 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    The only one I said yes to was 25: "Do you not know when the hay baler was invented?" hehe. The fact that I only had one out of seventy-five ...

    Jan 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Discipline, oh my!

    I usually use music to motivate me, or I make sure that when I'm writing, I don't have anything I need to do anytime soon. That way I can spend ...

    Aug 10, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Discipline, oh my!

    I have trouble doing the parts that I don't like, (uh, like, the first chapter). That makes it hard for me to post stuff on here. Also, worldbuilding scares me. ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: YAY! More fun with knife wounds.

    Okay, a few questions: 1. I slash someone's throat with a sharp knife. a. How difficult will this be? b. Will blood get on the person doing so? 2. I ...

    Jul 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: A Tip for Soppy Scenes

    How about keeping dialogue in character during soppy scenes? Any tips?

    Jul 30, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Need...To Get...In...The Groove!

    Postal Service!

    Jul 27, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Borrowing Okay?

    I've been inspired by a lot of books, and loved the ideas, but usually when I get to writing they get so different that they become quite individual.

    May 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Hidden Characters

    To the HP thing: Not really. This is actually something that came to mind. I definitely can use one of my characters at the beginning. Now, when they're met the ...

    May 6, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Convince Me

    *claps* I'm actually starting a romantic fiction, and I'm hoping to do well! I'll check myself with this.

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: When men cry...

    Ah! I was about to post this! I have a male character who cries. I'm wondering how to do it. He's not crying alone either. He's being watched. I'm trying ...

    Apr 24, 2006


People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love