User avatar

Joeducktape

  • Writing Tips Re: best tip!!!*^*

    I definitely agree. This site and its members' wonderful support and critiques have done wonders for my writing. Probably more than anything else!

    Mar 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Transitions in 1st Person

    Hi, everyone. I have a bit of a dilemma. I want to tell a story from two characters' points of view, but I also like the effect of first person. ...

    Mar 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: The mirror - A writer's friend?

    I feel a little less strange after this. I often sit in front of a mirror and look at my facial expressions when trying to describe someone. As someone else ...

    Mar 28, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writing Journal

    This sounds like a good idea! I find myself thinking up new plot twists in random places, but I always forget to type/write them somewhere! I think I'll try this ...

    Jan 5, 2008
  • Research Re: Gendercide

    I have to do a 2 minute speech on social issues for English. I picked femicide as my topic, and I need to have at least three sources. The more ...

    Aug 18, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    Anybody who's seen my character names knows that they are very random. They're completely made up. As far as last names go, I just pick something that I think sounds ...

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Making a Character Death Sad

    I couldn't agree more. The only thing I have to add is something I actually learned from acting. It's a version of acting called method acting. *high fives snap* Me ...

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Does it work?

    I have to daydream... otherwise, nothing gets written. It's quite sad! Same for me. Daydreaming, listening to music, thinking about thinks I've read, or said, or fun times with friends. ...

    Aug 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Um... (peeking over shoulder)

    My Mom knows almost nothing about my writing. Now that I'm in school, I have pockets of time during study halls or lunch to write. (HOLY CRAP! You guys dug ...

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Dear 13-year-old: YOU SUCK!

    I'm pretty young myself, and I appreciate having everybody tell me what's wrong, and being brutally honest. I don't like the "it's nice, keep working" replies. I also think it's ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Concerning the main character/s

    I know, I definitely am not fond of many female main characters in fantasy fiction. (Hermione Granger is getting on my nerves especially much right now.) However, if you try ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: To Romance or Not To Romance...

    Okay, here's the situation: My male main character, Eli, loves another character, but she doesn't return the feeling. He attempts to woo her several times, but sadly, he is turned ...

    Jul 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: No Excuses; No Stopping

    I think I used to use all of these. (And sometimes I still do, don't tell!) I've finally realized that I can't not write just because I'm scared. And I'm ...

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Alphasmart

    They look really cool, but *flinch* how much do they cost?

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: English vs. American

    I feel stupid now, realizing that I've probably corrected some poor person's spelling when it was fine to begin with. Meh... sorry, whoever-that-was!

    Jul 13, 2007


“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables