User avatar

Joeducktape

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Conquering Boredom

    This is fantasmorphic. I also hope this becomes something to chortle at as the noobs blink and say "huh".

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Concerning the main character/s

    I know, I definitely am not fond of many female main characters in fantasy fiction. (Hermione Granger is getting on my nerves especially much right now.) However, if you try ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Pianist

    I'm back from camping, and ready to read-- oh, my... 1602 new posts since my last visit. :shock: You busy bees! Well, I'll find some way to catch up. thewonderworldofnight: ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Pianist

    Thanks to both BrokenSword and Night Mistress. I think this will just be a stand alone piece. I have something much bigger in the works, though!

    Jul 20, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Whispers of the Fallen - Chapter One, Part 1

    Nice work, Surreal. I'm curious as to when the fantasy aspect will come in to this, though. Some things that need changing: Sat at one of the many tables surrounding ...

    Jul 20, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: Newbie. Oh joy, right?

    Hi Mark! Welcome to the coolness that is YWS. 3 things: 1. Fantasy ficiton, yay! 2. I also am not much of a poet. *glances at her one poem* 3. ...

    Jul 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: To Romance or Not To Romance...

    Okay, here's the situation: My male main character, Eli, loves another character, but she doesn't return the feeling. He attempts to woo her several times, but sadly, he is turned ...

    Jul 16, 2007
  • Fanfiction Novels Re: The Break In: a YWS fanfiction [Part Two added]

    HA! That is the best thing I have ever read. You made my day, Claudette.

    Jul 16, 2007
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Pianist

    After reading your comments, I said out loud, "Ah! This is so bad." XD Thanks, everybody, for your comments and suggestions. sokool15: Thanks for the help. It= music. nickelodeon: I ...

    Jul 16, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Character Answer Game

    Books.~ Eli Clothes.~ Levia Dust bunnies!~ Adolye Muahaha! Wouldn't you like to know....~ Tarin Tarin.~ Mauros What do you do when you're angry?

    Jul 16, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: No Excuses; No Stopping

    I think I used to use all of these. (And sometimes I still do, don't tell!) I've finally realized that I can't not write just because I'm scared. And I'm ...

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

    Really? I thought The Pearl was okay. And yes, all you Jane Austen bashers... *shakes head* Someday, you'll learn.

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Randomosity Archive Re: Rate avatars!!!!

    9/10. True dat!

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Alphasmart

    They look really cool, but *flinch* how much do they cost?

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Freedom - Chapter One

    Hello, Volmen. 2002? Oh, my. :) I don't have much time, so I'm just critiquing the first part. Okay, the story was pretty good. I certainly wasn't expecting the vampire, ...

    Jul 14, 2007


I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear