Random avatar

Jianfre

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Ways to keep a reader interested and get more likes!

    Jasminebells, your stories should not be cheap Goosebumps novels. Yes, I am looking at you R.L. Stein. Do not have action for the sake of action. Do not have cliffhangers ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Mary-sue

    Mary Sues exist in real life, but they shouldn't be main characters in your story. Twilight is more then just full of Sues... its full of preachy religious morals and ...

    Feb 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Interconnected Storylines

    It is fewer then say 80, but when you have more characters in Harry Potter (decent example right?) that come and go with their scenes I do think it is ...

    Feb 13, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Interconnected Storylines

    Yes, Rosey, that is exactly what I did with one of the surviving characters. He becomes a General and reflects on great heroes of the battles. Few of the characters ...

    Feb 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Interconnected Storylines

    Things are already complicated Writersdomain. Since the story follows soldiers on both sides going into war I have them split into 3 and 4 plot lines a piece, with each ...

    Feb 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Chatlogs in a story

    You are not paying for each letter, but you may be paid for each. :D I would use proper speech and simply format it correctly unless you are doing a ...

    Feb 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Interconnected Storylines

    So as of right now I have 7, yes that's right, 7 plot lines going on at the same time in my story. The characters are all interconnected and physically ...

    Feb 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Rant on Epic Fantasy and other things

    I am quickly beginning to think fantasy has hit a point because of the lack of development. Hopefully it will not go the way of the Western, but that is ...

    Jan 24, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Please! Someone save my writing!

    Finish it no matter what, even if it reads terribly, at least you can alter it from there. It is better to accomplish something because it is difficult then to ...

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Breaking Out of the Mold With Fantasy Races

    Sadly it is the good stories that are original that rarely get popular, afterall, anything vampire is hot right now. Originality is often crushed by those who want slight twists ...

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is the short story dead?

    I think short stories are harder to write then novels, but since few people actually write a full novel themselves it is more of a rush to write spark that ...

    Jan 15, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Why You Shouldn't Plagarize

    Plagiarism itself is not illegal, but that is because it is typically under copyright infringement. I had originally put a piece in about fair use, but I think the point ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Why You Shouldn't Plagarize

    "Okay, so what if someone said something, and you really really like what they said and you want to use it in your story or paper? That's perfectly fine, as ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Strange things noticed in books

    Harry Potter is known for its bad latin word based spells. :/ Its like if I said 'FIRE!' a magicial fireball would shoot out of my wand. With that kind ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How do you write?

    I do ordered work, so I come up with a plot, setting and character base before I write. Sure there is some sudden writing, but the more everything is planned ...

    Jan 3, 2010


I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie