Random avatar

Jianfre

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Memory.

    You use the senses well and that flows, but it needs more depth and emotion. The last two lines try to pull this together, but is lacking. Also it should ...

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Please! Someone save my writing!

    Finish it no matter what, even if it reads terribly, at least you can alter it from there. It is better to accomplish something because it is difficult then to ...

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: On Breaking Out of the Mold With Fantasy Races

    Sadly it is the good stories that are original that rarely get popular, afterall, anything vampire is hot right now. Originality is often crushed by those who want slight twists ...

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Why some things should never spawn fanfic

    Same, but I would have preferred a Pac-Man as British and the ghosts be vicious. Still all good reasons not to make fanfiction of them, Mortal Combat especially.

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Randomosity Re: Poll: Left handed, Right handed or Ambidextrous?

    Right, but capable of being ambidextrous because I can switch as needed, even for writing.

    Jan 16, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is the short story dead?

    I think short stories are harder to write then novels, but since few people actually write a full novel themselves it is more of a rush to write spark that ...

    Jan 15, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Why You Shouldn't Plagarize

    Plagiarism itself is not illegal, but that is because it is typically under copyright infringement. I had originally put a piece in about fair use, but I think the point ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Why You Shouldn't Plagarize

    "Okay, so what if someone said something, and you really really like what they said and you want to use it in your story or paper? That's perfectly fine, as ...

    Jan 14, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Balema - A world of many Elements

    It is no problem, but I was speaking on realistic terms. If you do not want to follow standard earth-like worldbuilding that is okay. Just keep in mind that most ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Strange things noticed in books

    Harry Potter is known for its bad latin word based spells. :/ Its like if I said 'FIRE!' a magicial fireball would shoot out of my wand. With that kind ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Ps3, Xbox 360, or Wii?

    Ps3 > Xbox360 and Wii hands down. Sure initially xbox360 had a 1 year head start and microsoft's pc based systems which were a big headstart for the company. The ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Balema - A world of many Elements

    Just to be mindful. The max distance most would be able to see should still be able to see it from far away but not excessively far. Height of mountain ...

    Jan 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: How do you write?

    I do ordered work, so I come up with a plot, setting and character base before I write. Sure there is some sudden writing, but the more everything is planned ...

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: In the shadows preview... (12+)

    It's just too much too fast. There is not even a firm setting before we get into this absolutely weird fantasy. It simply runs, description, something special, description, something special, ...

    Jan 3, 2010
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings

    Hello everyone. Let me answer your questions. :) I get to think about my stories for 8 hours a day, and I am happily employed. High Fantasy, that's my writing ...

    Jan 2, 2010


I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci