User avatar

Jetpack

  • WRFF Archive Re: The Review Shack [open]

    Opening this to requests again. I've taken off the guidelines on the first post of this thread, as even though I'm a little rusty, I'll review almost anything now - ...

    Jan 24, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: A Passion Called Hate: Chapter One

    Hey! Welcome to YWS, WhyteRose. I like the attached cover art at the bottom of the piece, by the way. Anyway, this will just be a general review, because Inbetweener ...

    Jan 24, 2011
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: Quote Me Contest Entry

    Hey, megsug, this is Jet dropping in for a review. I'm going to nitpick first, as this is very short, and I'm not sure there's much more to comment on ...

    Jan 24, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Iris Carter- Ch. 1 and Ch. 2

    Hey, Tori. Before I start reviewing, I want to suggest that you space your writing out. It's much easier to read and more attractive to reviewers. Anyway, that aside, I'll ...

    Jan 24, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Here There Be Dragons - 1

    Hey, Jet here. I was going to split this in two and do a full review, but as you said you were thinking about narrative style, I'll start with that ...

    Jan 24, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: The Flood

    If you're going to continue with this, I would spend the first chapter at least introducing these ideas into the text rather than using a preface. It's a useful summary ...

    Jan 24, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: A Simple Love Note

    Hey, jemalew, and welcome to YWS! Two tips for posting work: the more you review, the more likely you are to get reviewed; and sometimes, with a long piece, it ...

    Jan 22, 2011
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Kolyma River - Prologue

    Hi! Jet here for a quick review. Please excuse any errors, 'cause I'm out of practice at reviewing, but this caught my eye as I'm pretty interested in this period. ...

    Jan 19, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Are there any other websites like YWS?

    Nate's just being humble. There really is no site like YWS. ;) And as an ex-TWer, I'd say that other sites don't have anything like the same atmosphere (though YWO ...

    Jan 19, 2011
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Defend me, oh Chivalrous Knight (EXTENDED)

    Hi! Here for a quick review. I think the idea is sweet and succint, so I won't deal with that. In fact, I'm glad someone directly addressed the idea that ...

    Jan 18, 2011
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Aurora: Prologue

    Hi! Jet, here. This sounds like a blurb, rather than a prologue. Was it intended as the former rather than the latter? I only ask because it seems that you ...

    Jan 18, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Symptoms of Being a Teenager

    Hey! You're quite new here, I see, so I guess this review comes with a Please Don't Take This Too Harshly disclaimer. I won't nitpick through this grammatically because it's ...

    Jan 18, 2011
  • Archive Re: A Child's Fantasy (Accepting)

    Enyalius The dummy lay in shreds on the ground before the three spectators, with the jaguar lying in the midst of the debris, smiling . It was unnerving, how quickly ...

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: BloodLust - Chapter 1 Part 2

    Hey, Firestalker. I've read the first half of this chapter and the reviews, so I hope I don't end up echoing what's been said before. I really enjoyed the story ...

    Aug 21, 2010
  • Archive Re: A Child's Fantasy (Accepting)

    ((Fox, do you already have a planned ending for this? I'm just wondering where to go with it if we do this rebel attack on the castle.))

    Aug 21, 2010


Revision is one of the exquisite pleasures of writing.
— Bernard Malamud