User avatar

Jay

  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    That was pretty funny (and useful!)-I answered 'yes' to five of them. I've got a god in disguise, who is also the 'wise and mysterious mentor' character. I've also planned ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: New Idea

    This is such a cool idea! Will the plot be focused on Emily and Nera trying to find the mainland. It's a little confusing to me right now but I ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Power to the Story

    Maybe spiritual power or something? But I'm not sure how that would fit since I don't know much about the story.

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: question abour your tastes

    I prefer adventure to romance. I dislike most romance-it seems very prone to Mary Sue syndrome. But if it's done in a way that isn't overly cheesy or unrealistic, more ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Vampire Novel

    First of all, congratulations on getting as far as you've gotten so far! 275 pages is impressive and definitely shows commitment. I'm probably not the best person to give advice ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing the plot

    Hey, this sounds a bit like Sex and the City! It could be a very entertaining idea. Here's some random plot starters off the top of my head. -Someone gets ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does this sound halfway decent?

    I just finished editing a 44-page urban fantasy story. (I planned out every chapter, so it was faster). It's about a guy called Kemsyt Leviticus who is heir to the ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A Series of Short Fanfics

    I don't know much about songfics, but the idea sounds interesting to me and I think anything has a certain audience. Good luck!

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Knives in my eyes

    It sounds like a good idea, even a little funny. How did Lan's wife die? Is the "high wall" literally a wall trapping him in the city?

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: otherlings and undersky

    I'm not sure I understand. Is this going to be a series? Or different parts of the same story? In any case, I really like the titles :)

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Yes! I could not agree more with you. In my stories, romance has a very small role. In a lot of books, high school romance is portrayed in an idealized ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: being your character

    Interesting question! I think it's my characters who act like me. They all start off based on me, then things sort of evolve from there. All the good guys have ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need an object

    Yeah, that's what I was thinking-it could be a person. Maybe a dead ancestor, or one of his descendants from the future?

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: True Clans

    Whoa, that's a LOT of cats. It'll be interesting to see how you can fit them all into a story. A story with main characters as cats would be a ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Is it possible to make an original story?

    It's not wildly groundbreaking, but you have a good concept with a lot of potential to develop from. The Post-it note idea sounds like it could be interesting. I also ...

    Jul 9, 2008


Oh, I'm sorry. My friends are in the popcorn and I have to save them.
— Tori Hansen, Power Rangers Ninja Storm