User avatar

Jay

  • Writers Corner Re: The Rift Progress update

    The cute and cuddly: This sounds well-planned out and entertaining. A young teenage reader will be much more interested in Ben and Steph, as the characters, than the black holes, ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Gaea and Frux- Progress Thread

    You should not be losing sleep (or weight) over writing! Writing should be for fun. That aside, I agree that this seems very organised. It's not my cup of tea, ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Historical Fiction? or not?

    I'd categorise it as Historical Fiction. I'm not sure what magazines you could send it too, but I think that instead of making it a "random battle", maybe you could ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: British Boarding School

    Cool! I love this idea! I'm going to do two, just because I like it so much... Name: Charlotte Clankley (I like alliterative names) Sex: Female Race/Ancestry: I'm undecided here. ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I need... advice.

    It's not something I would read or write personally. I love philosophy and existential discussions, just not mixed in with my fiction. It's just not my cup of tea.

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: What do you think about the preface to my story?

    It's an impressive beginning. And the last sentence stole my heart. I think it's mysterious as well, but at the moment there's not much to go on-not much action and ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Name For a Character

    Sorry for repeats Kerenza "Kerry" Clementine "Clem" Georgina "George" Roberta "Bobby" Bernadette "Bernard"

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Prologue to Omni-Fate

    Wow, you've definitely spent a lot of time and effort on this, and I applaud you for that. It's very large-scale and serious. What age group are you aiming for ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Choose a hero

    I wrote a story involving a high school aged goddess who played a mentor role to the main character. She turned out to be quite the Mary Sue. I like ...

    Oct 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Book ideas: Having so much trouble thinking up one!!!

    I've developed a very methodical and efficient way of writing. I think of the idea, and plan out each chapter. Then I start working on it, and I can never ...

    Sep 8, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: how many drafts do you go through??

    I don't make more than one draft-I just edit and alter details.

    Aug 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How long is/was your longest story?

    25,330 words for my longest story (44 pages). It's definitely not a short story, but if it's a novel then it's a very short one.

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: New Idea

    Yeah, I think this would be better if it wasn't set on Earth-that way it could get a bit too preachy, what with global warming. Does the old man have ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    I actually find a lot of inspiration for names in the most unlikely places. I've got a character called Theobroma, which is a chemical in body lotion. (She goes by ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Can't come up with originality

    Some tips off the top of my head... Invent a new species Set the story in a modern-day Earth place Use magic in different ways-a renewable energy source or something ...

    Aug 16, 2008


If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson