User avatar

Jay

  • Writers Corner Re: Does this make no sense whatsoever?

    I'm writing a story. The plot is thus: Lulu Clatchey breaks her neck and dies. She then decides to apply to be a guardian angel, and ends up getting assigned ...

    Sep 13, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: First person switching to third person

    I would put them both in first person, with chapter titles like Antigone suggested.

    Aug 6, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: story plot (=

    Ah, what an interesting idea. You've definitely thought a lot about it, and covered details. I can see it will develop into a global-scale war. Maribelle definitely won't be able ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New story idea

    Hey, cool! It sounds very adventurous, and also quite sweet. I would make the characters younger than college-age though. (You don't usually see college students in adventure stories). I'm very ...

    Apr 12, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: The Ultimate 'I need a name' Place

    This site: has really interesting information and resources on names.

    Mar 16, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Much of Myself

    I see different bits of myself in my characters. That's part of the fun of writing.

    Mar 16, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Do you think this would make good book?

    This should really be in the writing section-under 'Writing' you'll see 'submit something'. But since you only joined yesterday, I'll give you a pass. Also, people need some time to ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Can you help me??

    I like Tori's idea of using Annabel. Other ideas: Valerie Ariella or Arielle Gabriella Lucinda Aurelia Elodie Isabella Isadora

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Everything has a niche. Some are bigger than others, and some are much more widely appealing than others. If you are considering writing as a career, you do need to ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I has writed a story

    The basic premise: Chuck is a young god sent to Earth to do a research mission. If he succeeds in this mission, he will be granted the powers of an ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New plans, thoughts, notes, etc.

    Keep with one idea at a time! Don't try to write half a dozen things at once. You will go crazy and not have time for anything else. I suggest ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I've been working on the same novel for four years!

    Why don't you post some here, and get some advice and encouragement? 170 pages is impressive. My stories average 30-50 pages. I suggest you post the first chapter, or the ...

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: New Story Idea (so far)

    Sounds brilliant-In the story I'm editing/refining, I'm trying to get the teen drama-paranormal balance, so I'll be watching this to see what ideas you have.

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Special Powers(Need ideas)

    He could be able to gain super-strength by hugging people! Nourishment for the soul and all that. It could also make for some interesting soap-style drama.

    Mar 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Feasible -Character dislikes the way their story is written?

    Breaking the fourth wall makes my heart sing and dance with joy. It makes the beautiful flowers bloom and the first rays of sunshine burst forth into the frost-edged summer ...

    Mar 1, 2009


“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables