User avatar

Jay

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    I prefer writing about realistic people, and I prefer reading stories where the characters show flaws and vulnerability. Atticus from To Kill A Mockingbird strikes me as a perfect character ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: One Question

    Sounds like Adventure to me.

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Maus, which is like a comic book love story about WW2 and the Holocaust. The Jews are represented as mice, the Germans are cats, and the Polish are pigs. It's ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: names

    Well, one of my characters shares her name with a chemical found in bath products (Theobroma).

    Aug 3, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    Probably anything by Paul Jennings.

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    I agree with Lil Dono-Hogwarts is the best thing about the Harry Potter series. I still liked the ending, though-all the loose ends were tied up nicely and I loved ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Brisingr (Eragon 3) Spoiler

    Well, at least those elves will get proven wrong... Oh, by the way the phrase "Galbatorix kicked Vrael in the fork of his legs" never fails to crack me up. ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Bread is my favourite food. It's all I eat, as a matter of fact. This story is going to be all about bread.

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate The Idea Above You!

    Well, I'd give it a 7 out of 10 because I like the drama element and it has potential for a pretty funny radio battle between Michael and Mira. That ...

    Jul 8, 2008


A person is more than their experiences, stacked up like stones... Our best moments are the foundations we use to reach for the sky.
— Yumi and the Nightmare Painter by Brandon Sanderson