User avatar

Jay

  • Welcome Mat Re: Help Me - Newbie Alert!

    Hi Josh, welcome to YWS! PM me if you have any questions about the site.

    Aug 3, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: names

    Well, one of my characters shares her name with a chemical found in bath products (Theobroma).

    Aug 3, 2008
  • Romantic Novels Re: Khalilzad in 1995 (Chapter Six)

    Where it says, '“Um, Chris Hancock, I attend uh, Jackson High in Minnesota.” Said a mop haired boy', the S in the word 'said' shouldn't be capitalised. This is the ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (3)

    Wow, this has taken a turn for the more gritty! I think it's very realistic-the way it's described, I'd say it's one of the most realistic stories I've read here ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (2)

    I read the second part of the dream before I read this first part so I was pretty shocked to realize that Carl was Isabelle's cousin! Personally, I think it's ...

    Aug 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Second Spectrum of Sanity [Sec. 3: The Skywalk City]

    I liked the tone and the humour. In this piece, it says 'you do this, etc...', which is quite rare. I find it annoying, but that's down to personal taste. ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Alone with the Ghost

    Wow, this is scary! Very promising and sinister. There are a few spelling and grammar issues... 'Imsgination' should be 'imagination' 'ahnds' should be 'and' 'awy' should be 'away' In the ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: In the shadow of a star Chapter 3

    'That's it for today, I think, thought Dan' would be better as 'That's it for today, thought Dan'. Instead of 'It had grown impatient, in the heat' say, 'she had ...

    Aug 2, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Turquoise Chapter Three

    This was very realistic, honest and funny. The ending leaves on a bit of a cliffhanger, but not too much so as to leave the reader disappointed. It makes me ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: All Babies Are Blessings (2.5)

    Wow, that was intense. I'm actually relieved it was just a dream (or was it?...). The beginning had me thinking it was going to be a relaxing, nice dream, then ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Once upon a Time- Chapter Two

    The dialogue here is great, and I love the gory description of Henry's body. It seems almost comical how the body fell through the ceiling and landed on his desk, ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Thesis

    I'm pretty confused with this. Are the seperate "parts" a series of letters or diary entries the protagonist is writing? I really enjoyed the first part, but from there it ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: The City that Forever Sleeps(Part III)

    The title is intriguing, and this is a solid, entertaining chapter. The mood is kept fast and light, with little hints of suspense. I'm not usually a fan of apocalyptic-type ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Taste

    This was an eerily moving piece for its length. I haven't read any of your other Mutts stories, so I'm just seeing this a vacuum, shall we say. It's a ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Oor Wey o Spikin'

    This is such a creative and original idea! The only issue I have with it is that in the beginning, there's a brief introduction to Mattae, then it goes straight ...

    Jul 30, 2008


I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare