User avatar

Jay

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello everyone.

    Welcome, Shush! If you've got any questions, send me a PM. Remember, you must review two other poems or stories for every piece you put up. And have fun!

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello Fellow writers

    Welcome to YWS, Miss Chai! It sounds like you'll fit in well here :)

    Aug 22, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: how many drafts do you go through??

    I don't make more than one draft-I just edit and alter details.

    Aug 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How long is/was your longest story?

    25,330 words for my longest story (44 pages). It's definitely not a short story, but if it's a novel then it's a very short one.

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: New Idea

    Yeah, I think this would be better if it wasn't set on Earth-that way it could get a bit too preachy, what with global warming. Does the old man have ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Starting a new topic like this make me feel wasteful...

    Welcome to YWS! If you want to submit a piece of your work, make sure you review two other pieces for everything you submit. This is a great community for ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey everyone!

    Hey Carly! Welcome to YWS. I play the trombone too! It sounds like you'll fit in here and have a great time. Feel free to PM me if you heve ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Enter the Face Engine!

    Hello Kai, welcome to YWS! Remember, for every piece of work you post, you must review 2 other pieces. PM me if you've got any questions or concerns.

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    I actually find a lot of inspiration for names in the most unlikely places. I've got a character called Theobroma, which is a chemical in body lotion. (She goes by ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Can't come up with originality

    Some tips off the top of my head... Invent a new species Set the story in a modern-day Earth place Use magic in different ways-a renewable energy source or something ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    That was pretty funny (and useful!)-I answered 'yes' to five of them. I've got a god in disguise, who is also the 'wise and mysterious mentor' character. I've also planned ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: New Idea

    This is such a cool idea! Will the plot be focused on Emily and Nera trying to find the mainland. It's a little confusing to me right now but I ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Power to the Story

    Maybe spiritual power or something? But I'm not sure how that would fit since I don't know much about the story.

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: question abour your tastes

    I prefer adventure to romance. I dislike most romance-it seems very prone to Mary Sue syndrome. But if it's done in a way that isn't overly cheesy or unrealistic, more ...

    Aug 16, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Vampire Novel

    First of all, congratulations on getting as far as you've gotten so far! 275 pages is impressive and definitely shows commitment. I'm probably not the best person to give advice ...

    Aug 3, 2008


And don't forget it's hydrate or diedrate
— zaminami